Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rotor bolts

Old 05-04-2003, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

[ May 04, 2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: lantraluvr ]
Old 05-04-2003, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

whats the weight of those rims??
Old 05-04-2003, 11:54 AM

Will spacers fit with my car??? whats so wrong with spacers??? If i use spacers on the 97 tib do i have anything to worry about if im going 100mph or faster??? Whats are hubcentric spacers and what do they look like???
Old 05-04-2003, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Loneshark: If I'm not mistaken, they weigh 12 lbs.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

revolution2120:
Will spacers fit with my car???
Yes, they fit on "any" car assuming the match the bolt pattern.
revolution2120:
whats so wrong with spacers???
How much time have ya got? Seriously, the biggest problem with spacers is that they remove the "hubcentric": portion of the wheel mounting system. With "normal" wheels on our cars, 100% of the "weight" of the car is carried on that inner circle called the hub. The wheels mount around that hub, so they are called "hubcentric". Spacers move the wheel out, and the wheel no longer makes contact with the hub. Now 100% of the weight of the car is carried by the lug bolts. Lug bolts that WERE NOT DESIGNED TO CARRY THE WEIGHT/STRESS. It's only a matter of time before your lug bolts break off.

Also, when you remove the "hubcentric" portion of the wheel mounting system it becomes nearly impossible to mount the wheel 100% Centered. Since the wheel is no longer centered, your wheel and tire combo is out of round. This not only caused vibration to you the driver, it puts added stress on the lug bolts that were not designed to handle that stress.

This is why when you install ANY aftermarket wheel, you should install Hubcentric adapters to convert the inner diameter of the wheel hub to the size of the hub. It insures the wheel is 100% centered, and that the weight of the car is on the hub, not the lugs.

revolution2120:
If i use spacers on the 97 tib do i have anything to worry about if im going 100mph or faster???
yes, read above. Your lug bolts will fatigue and fail/break, seperating your tire/wheel from the car. Causing you to loose control.

revolution2120:
Whats are hubcentric spacers and what do they look like???
"Normal" hubcentric adapters look like this. They just go over the stock hub, and enlarge the size of the stock hub to the size of your aftermarket wheel.

Hubcentric spacer adapters look like this.
Notice the wheel mounts to the hub on the spacer, and the spacer mounts to the hub.

These are the good ones.
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/trak.html
http://www.optauto.com/webstore/department...ts.asp?dept=179

The crappy spacers to avoid look like this.
Notice no place to "mount" the wheel to. The spacer rests on the hub, and the wheel "floats"