Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

rim size for 95 excel?. need new rubber so now the time...

Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1995 Hyundai Excel
Default rim size for 95 excel?. need new rubber so now the time...

Hey guys, i am up for two new tyres soon and to get a rim repaired. thing is i have been tonguing for some new rims... i am trying to find a bargain tyre and rim combo but i don't really know what sizes to look for and i cant really get the wheels off and measure the offset atm.
it has those csa rims on atm like what you see on some s coupes (13.5' in diameter i think, not sure).
does has anyone have the sizes i need (offset, width, e.t.c, i am thinking of 15's, comments?).
any advice would be appreciated as i am sure most of you's have been through this before and would know the ins and outs...
if it helps the tyres on atm are 175/65 r14...
cheers
Old 01-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

38-42mm offset should do you fine. Anything from 13"-17" diameter up to 7" wide should work.

One thing to look for is captive rotors. I am not sure what the X3 Excel came with in the non-us markets, so to be safe you'll have to pull one front wheel. If there are 4 bolt heads in between the wheel studs you have captive rotors. This means you will have to buy wheels with voids large enough to clear the bolt heads. There are wheels that will do this, but they're in the minority.