Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Reducing Body Roll

Old 05-29-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SWAYBARS, Front AND rear

Either Eibach or Whitelines,... Since you live in OZ, get whitelines, I think they come out of OZ, and should be cheaper for you
Old 05-29-2006, 07:27 AM

Tyres and Rims will do little for bodyroll, except maybe increase it with the added stick.

Springs and Anti-sway bars are what control body roll. Stiffer springs keep the body more upright by keeping the tyres and suspension firmly planted on the ground and the anti-roll bars work to keep the wheels working on concert during cornering.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

What they said, but increase the tire pressure also. That way less roll and the tire wont roll under (look at where the tires roll and put the wear to the arrow).
Old 05-29-2006, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

get eibach pro kit - springs with sway bars, also wider tire with smaller sidewall will help, but don't overinflate them too much (probably not more than 36 psi)
Old 05-30-2006, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Eibach ProKit ANTI-ROLL kit is on sale RIGHT NOW through FlyRyde. Our member here owns the business and some sweet tiburons (Blacktibs). Search for his thread and send his ass some monies foo!

Plus a lowered car rolls less than a higher one. Not just springs though...
think for the future. Invest in coilovers and get rid of dem struts...
That way you can utilize a WIDER and larger wheel/tire combo.

Strut bars should be the last thing you should worry about (usually bought first since they are the cheapest.. rolleyes.gif)

and a rollcage. Most effective at HIGH speeds and under extreem stress loads.

Plus make your car lighter.

cool.gif
Old 05-30-2006, 04:10 PM

I would never install a cage on a street driven car. Sorry, but they are just too dangerous if you get into an accident.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^true, which brings to mind.

Here locally at a recent NASA event we had a car crash into a wall with a roll cage. The helmet he was using was not rated for severe impact with roll cages. He was wearing a bike helmet. (M2000 or something).

If you are going to do major things to your car, make sure you do major thinks to ensure your safety as well. Look up your local laws, and research Snell rated Helmets (beware fake Snell ratings, look for the seal INSIDE the helmet. The stickers on the outside usually fall off). Get a helmet rated for your vehicle/needs. And don't be dumb and pass tech with a BORROWED helmet and end up crashing and busting your head/getting a concusion.

wink1.gif
Old 05-30-2006, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Get a Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar. Mine is a 20mm fixed bar & is pretty good but I sometimes wish I could tweak the settings a little.

Get lowered springs. I run Pedders springs (I measured a 35mm drop from my old saggy stock springs/shocks) & they seem to be doing their job pretty well. Another Coupe that I have driven that was fitted with King springs didn't seem as nimble as mine but I guess that could've been attributed a number of other factors.

Get new heavy duty shocks to go with your springs. It'll save you doing the install all over again when the stock shocks fail because of the springs.

All of these fitted should cost you a shade over a grand in Ozzy money & should make really noticeable changes to body roll & overall handling.

Like others have said, there are many other things that would probably help too but I can't comment on their effectiveness in real-world terms as I don't have them fitted in my own car.

BTW, I prolly wouldn't worry about a strut-brace at this point in time... Mine has made diddly squat of a difference... But it LOOKS pretty cool wink1.gif
Old 05-30-2006, 05:08 PM

try the poly bushing kit from yaya, my tires do not scrap the fenders anymore and i can take turns harder and faster...awsome mod in my opinion (huge gains), but i do have coilovers that were on the car before the kit as well.