Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rear passenger wheel rubbing noise

Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Rear passenger wheel rubbing noise

Anyone know what could be causing rear rotor e-brake noises? it sounds like a rubbing sound (like lo pro rim wheels rubbing clearance issues) but stops when I apply my e-brake lightly.

/details

got into a small fender bender not so recently and finally took it for a spin, I engaged the brakes hard when avoiding the fender bender.

i got lo pros rims that are 17'' as well

/end of details

Would applying some lubricant to the rotor or some specific area fix the noise?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I would inspect the pads condition. Last time this thing happened to me I just took them out, lubricated them completely (esp. around the edges) with pad lubricant, put them back and the noise was gone.

When this happened in the front pads, it turned out that I had installed the clip on the wrong side of the rotor (not my fault, it was like that before and I just copied how it was done).
Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It could not be the wheel rotor.

I had got the mechanic to replace them recently.

I'm going suspect some type of freak accident. But I think you are right.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Try swapping your left pads with the right pads. That worked for me great in the Elantra. Also, it could be that the metal on the pad is rusted or loose. In that case, I sanded with 400 grit, sprayed it and lubricated the inside.

Make sure the clip is on the good side (I'm not sure which side they belong) I'm looking at my new EBC Redstuff rears and the clips are just too long and end up grinding into the rotor. I ended up trimming all of mine with a bench grinder. Design flaw in my opinion.