Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rear Brake Upgrades?

Old 02-18-2006, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Lincoln Aviator

did a search and didn't really come up with what I was looking for.
what, if any, are the options for upgrading the rear discs and calipers on an rd2.
can I use something larger from a different model? or are there any aftermarket upgrades. I figure this is difficult cause of the ebrake cables, but I was hoping for something that would fill up the wheel a little better. I'm gonna go larger on the front and I would like to match the front a little.
Even if I have to drill a five bolt rotor, that is fine. I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

also, if anyone has a break upgrade for the front that they have and would recomend, please add your opinion for them as well. I was thinking of going with the rotora kit
Old 02-18-2006, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

there is no easy way of upgrading the rears beside the usual aftermarket d/s rotors, good pads, and ss brake lines. this is due to the parking brake situation, as you know.

precision brakes has a caliper with a lever on the back that is for mechaincal parking brakes. other than that, your best bet is going with a kit already made with an internal shoe design in the rotor hat, and machining it to fit.