Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Quick Wheel Question!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium
Default Quick Wheel Question!

Hey guys! (First post wooo!)

So I hope this goes into the right place but I have a question for all of you. So I have a 2011 2.0T and my question is it possible to run all 18x8.5 on the 225/245 tire set up? I'm asking because when I got my Verde Sagas in their size is all 18x8.5 and I would like to avoid the struggle of trying to get 19's sent out to me..so this is my first time dealing with wheels and tires so if you all could give me the best advice possible I'd appreciate it very much.

-Ty
Old 09-23-2015, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

A lot of people have run square set ups on the GC's. You'll be ok with doing that as long as you keep the wider tires in the rear. Otherwise you'll have traction control issues. The front tires will be stretched just a tiny tiny bit (almost hardly noticeable), but the backs will be perfectly fine.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 AM

Thank you so much bud! So if I was going to a shop to get the wheels put on, would they have to do any other modifications to the tires like stretching or something like that?
Old 09-24-2015, 06:08 AM
Administrator

No, just about any shop should be able to put your tires on with no problems at all. The stretch on the front tires will be so minimal, I doubt you or anyone else will even notice it.

Just remember though that your TPMS light will turn on, on your dashboard if you dont swap out the sensors from your factory wheels to the new ones. Or you can buy 4 new sensors and put them on the new wheels, keeping the old sensors on your factory ones. But since you wont be putting tires on the factory wheels, you could just swap the sensors onto the new wheels. Make sure the shop takes their time though taking the sensors off because they can break easily if they're not careful.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:11 AM

It came out pretty good during the instal and I did replace the TPMS sensors as well. I'll have to run spacers so I'll get the money for them when I can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (1.34 MB, 5 views)
Old 09-24-2015, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Looks great! Spacers will make it looks a million times better! You cant even tell the front is stretched! I'm running 9" in the front and 10's in the back with the factory tire size, and there is a stretch, but not anything too horrible.