Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Powdercoating drop springs

Old 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon
Default Powdercoating drop springs

Will powdercoating drop springs mess up their properties any, since you have to stuff them in an oven to be baked and high heat is involved?
Old 01-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

alot of springs come from the factory powdwer coated-...

i don't have a quick and dirty answer for you but i do have a quick question-... why?

i don't understand the big deal about powder coating-... it's expensive, (if not done properly it can be weaker than paint), there's so much prep involved, and you're putting it on a part that will hardly ever be seen.

i know there is an epoxy style paint made for springs-...
Old 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

why in the heck would you want to waste the cash to powdercoat springs? especially on (if your info is right) on a 98 tiburon o.O you will never see the springs unless your car is jacked up or your wheel is turned all the way..

i highly doubt it will hurt the springs though, as the heat applied is not high enough (i believe) to screw up the steels properties
Old 01-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Sorry about that. Should of included more info. I bought some used H&R springs and they are all rusted and chipped up. I was thinking about sanding them down and having them powdercoated so they dont get all rusty again down the road. I know no one will see them once they are on the car. I just dont want the rust to return and powdercoating seems to hold up much better than paint.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

that makes alot more sense lol.

the powdercoat might cost you as much as the springs did-... look into vht epoxy paint.