Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

This is pissing me off now

Old 06-24-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 3.8
Default This is pissing me off now

I have tried 5 different types of tire shine hoping for the best that once it dried, it would splatter all over the fender or quarter panels after driving around. Every single one of them did it. I dont spray them directly on the tire either. I use a rag to apply the dressing and I blot it around the tire until theres full coverage on the sidewall. I let it dry before driving and it still happens.

So I need help. Someone please let me know if you have found something that works that wont leave splatter or residue on the car after driving around.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Tell us what products you have tried.

I've always been pretty happy with Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. I've heard good things about the Turtle Wax Tire Coat Kit too.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I've used the Black Majic and the Meguirs. All of them eventually attract dirt on the wheels and surrounding areas, but I've never had "dots" come off from overuse. The dirt getting attracted is minimal in that the car usually needs to be washed again anyways before it gets too bad.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

You say you used a rag to put it on, but then say you "let it dry"? It doesn't "dry". You need to apply, let sit for a few seconds, then wipe it off with a clean rag/towel. The key is to get it off the tire. If it's on the tire, it will sling off once the tire starts spinning. Even after wiping it off, it should still leave the tire black and clean. If your goal is a tire that sparkles like it's wet... well, you're just gonna have to deal with sling.