Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Outrageous Rim Prices? Just me...

Old 01-10-2003, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outrageous Rim Prices? Just me...

I went to the wheel shop I usually deal with today to find out if he had heard back from the whole-saler as to what the price of 17" Nakayama X-7's {find my other post} would be. $350 CDN for the rims, and approximately $200 CDN for each tire... So that's $550, multiply that by four, add 15% in taxes, and it comes to roughly $2600. That's going way too deep into my wallet. Luckily, I have a few friends at work who are more knowledgable in this field, and know where to direct me so that I can get the same rims for A LOT cheaper. I'm going to check a place out in Hamilton tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:54 PM
Mav

Good luck!
Old 01-10-2003, 11:34 PM

Thanks MAV. wink

I'm on my way to 'Everything Automotive' here in town. Yesterday I stopped in to see if Craig {manager} could acquire the Eibach Proline's that are specifically made for the Elantra. Hopefully he'll have some information for me. And the only reason I'm getting them is because the general concencus is that 215's will NOT rub with a one inch drop. You guys better be right. tongue.gif

[ January 11, 2003, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: ELANTRAVISION ]