Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Opinions on New wheel color.

Old 01-27-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if I like seeing the body the same colour as the rims.

But it could be good?

What is your colour scheme? I'd pick a different colour if it were me, but it's your car wink1.gif ziplip.gif

I think a gloss black would work best. laugh.gif:
Old 01-27-2005, 05:30 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... .
This would fall under the thread I just started called "Body kits, Honda drivers, WTF says it all".
:AR15firin
Dooood.... 10 for effort -0 for style. No painty painty the rims. It's cool you are proud of what you got going on, but DUDE... You just spray painted the new rims you just got. Blah.............. I'll be slashing my wrists if you need me. crying.gif
Old 01-27-2005, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Oops... didn't see that. Time to break out the paint remover! LOL J/King dude... its something unique at least. Never seen a dark blue rim... you might start a new trend. smile.gif Now all the rappers are getting black rims like us import guys started (I think...)

Snoop: Yo you see that shizzle back there? That skeet was tight yo! Get me some of those mah niggah.
Chronies: Word yo, blue is the new chrome!
Old 01-27-2005, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (breck)
Dooood.... 10 for effort -0 for style. No painty painty the rims. It's cool you are proud of what you got going on, but DUDE... You just spray painted the new rims you just got. Blah.............. I'll be slashing my wrists if you need me. crying.gif

Breck doesnt just give you a zero for style he gives you a negative zero which is worse i hear...

...The rims didnt look that bad spray painted, Lets see them on the car..then we'll talk
Old 01-27-2005, 08:39 PM

LOL, yes... -0 is less than 0 tongue.gif

It's just............... there's a reason why they call it "Mexican Chrome"......................................... To each his own I guess. As long as you are happy with it smile.gif
Old 01-27-2005, 10:14 PM

Well breck, I apreciate your opinion. And all of the others.

The rims were used when I bought them. The rims were chipped and the previous owner had painted it horribly with gloss black. They were like half flat and half gloss.

I was going to do Gloss black but after I stripped ALL of the old paint and primered them, I kinda wanted to do something different.

I put up a better pic. It shows how dark they really are.

I am still undecided myself.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/756584/2
Old 01-28-2005, 06:23 AM

Ahh... Okay, I guess given their current condition that they're in that's a little different story. I thought you bought them new and was painting them. I too would like to see them on the car to say more. Can you get some kind of a closeup of the rim without the flash going crazy? smile.gif
Old 01-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Update:

I have decided to go with gloss black. The blue turned out lighter than my car. I don't think it would look right.

I apreciate all of the feedback and I will have pics on the car in the spring when I get my BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 Tires.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:31 AM

Show us some pics when you have them on your car so we can see the results.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:19 AM

Just stripped and primed them black. I think this is what I should have done in the first place.

If you look at the bottom of the pic you can see the stripped paint on the box.

This is just the primer coat keep in mind, just want some opinions on the gloss black.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/756584/2