Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Nitto Neogens

Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

QUOTE (tibbytib @ Jun 16 2010, 11:38 AM)
If you are lowered with rims, Neogens are the tire for you.

I was going through Nankangs about every 12k or so. I've had these one for about 20k and they still look brand new. Since most of us drop our cars on a budget and dont go all out suspension upgrade, we get negative camber. This wears out the inside of the tire at a much faster rate then the center or outside of the tire.

Not 100% true, it is not the camber that will destroy your street tires in 12k. When you drop your car your toe is affected as well as the camber. Those two in combination is what kills the tires. If you readjust your toe to 0 degrees and have negative camber you should be fine. Yes there will be extra stress on the inner portion of the contact patch, but not enough stress to ruin a set in 12k. This normally only happens in the front end. The toe of the rear end is generally not affected when lowering your car.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Funny, my tires were wearing EXTREMELY bad in the REAR. AJ, I'm sure you are right man, you've done way more suspension work than I have. All I did was drop in some Eibachs and some new struts from VatoZone. Another factor is the Nankang brand. Not the best brand o f tire in the world! LOL!

I'm just saying from personal experience and what the guy at the tire shop informed me. Its worked so far, no more premature wear on the inside of the tire on the front OR rear. Same exact suspension setup on all 3 sets of tires. Either way, I still recommend the Neogens if anyone is having this problem.

Oh, I suppose I should mention, I had the car aligned 3 different times with the 3 different sets of tires at 3 different shops. So, it still could be coincidence that the last shop just got it dead nuts on, but I still give a lot of credit to the quality of the Nitto Tires that I am still currently running. They have lasted the longest at 20k and expect to see at least another 15 or so out of them. At the least.