Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Newbie Rim Help

Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, i need a new rim or rims really bad. i had a mishap with my 2001 tiburon that resulted in some concrete cracking my rim and its in bad shape. ive been considering getting another stock rim, only the 4 i have currently have done a bad job sealing around the bead no matter how many times i remount and seal them. That left me looking for a new set of rims preferably 15 inch because i just got a set of new tires. my tires are 195/55's and the rims i was looking at can be found here... Battle Exe Gun Metal (the 15x6.5 4 lug). i really dont know much about tires or rims and therefore i was wondering if my current 195/55R15 tires will fit on this rim, and also if the 15x6.5 will be a bad fit. any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

well those are beautiful rims-... and i can't fully answer your question but, i think you should read the sticky about "why rims are more than just tire holders" (i think that's the name of it).

your tires may not work on that rim because the stock rim is not as wide as the one you were looking at.

unfortunately, the problem w/ aftermarket rims is usually the weight.

i went on craigs list-... and i looked up rims for a mitsubishi OZ lancer. i found a set for $300.

they are the same exact size as the stock wheels on all levels aside from the offset-... and they are also 3lbs lighter per wheel!

since i swapped i immediately felt a better difference in both braking and acceleration! i believe this will increase gas mileage as well!

if you look at my thread in the general showroom, you will see how they look on my car!

choose wisely!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 PM

yeah thats a good point. i believe the stock rims are 15x6 and im not sure if the half inch will make a difference or not. also im not sure if the width would make it rub or hit anywhere. i really liked those rims and they arent a bad price though.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You would be fine with those rims on your car. Most people go with a 16 or 17 inch though. I am going to be using a pair of mitsubishi wheels with slicks for the track so those will fit also if you get the right ones.

If you want those then you will be ok with no rubbing or anything. Look into possibly a 16 or 17 inch package deal with tires also though if you want it to look even nicer. Would be a couple hundred extra though. The 15s would look good if you lowered it a little also. Keep that in mind as to what your plans with the car are. Where are you from?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 PM

sorry its taken me so long to reply, ive been busy with work school and the car and everything. i decided to just throw on a stock rim for a minimal cost factor and ill think about getting new rims once again when my current tires wear more. im from south eastern michigan and we have a lot of pot holes here so im not sure how well lowering my car would work, although i bottom my tibby out less than i bottomed out my old grand am (maybe just being smart). i actually came into this problem by hitting ice and sliding into a curb. bent some stuff like my lower control arm and lower tie rod end but ive got it all taken care of finally