Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

New Tires. Yay!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, I don't think I'll be buying any more tires from my new neighbor, as I got a bit bent over the rim over these.

LOL

Anyways, there are now, for the first time in years, 4 matching tires on my car. Falken Ziex ZE 912's. 205/50/16's.

Also got a 4 wheel alignment, as I've never had one done and the car was pulling a bit, figured it needed it.

Pics of the tires will come this weekend, but here is a link for the same tire.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/fal...ail.do?pc=18110

I'm pretty happy with the results, but I'll be able to say more tomorrow after driving my normal commute.

Here are the results of the alignment. Off a bit?

Front Right was a toe in of -.13 degrees, and got adjusted to -.05 degrees. Should be -.12 to .12.

Not horrible, but the back left was pretty bad.

Rear Left was a toe of -.22 degrees and was adjusted to .14 degrees. Should be .12 to .28

Just thought I'd share.

Still feel like I got raked over the coals on the price. All the "addons" on tires these days kill me.

The price on the tires wasn't bad, just a few bucks more than on Discount Tire, but since I got a alignment done at the same time, I saved $20 over getting it done separately.

Mounting and balancing... $15 per frigging wheel.

Road Hazard warranty... $12 per frigging tire.

Yup, that's an additional $108 more.

Oh well, it's done, and I rikey.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:12 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

you should have come up to mass, i would have given you a deal wink1.gif

i also would have sold somethin else. i hate those tires
Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I wanted the Nitto Neogen NT's or whatever they are, but he couldn't get them for a few days and it would have cost extra freight to order them as they aren't from his normal supplier. This was one of about 5 different ones in the right size he could get within 24 hours, and I needed new tires NOW on the front. I had asked for some advice in the SB about the other models, but there weren't many answers.

Ride to work today was great, the alignment was a nice change but my steering wheel doesn't exactly center right...

I'll run these for a couple of weeks and see what I think. if I end out not liking them, I'll get some new ones elsewhere and sell these.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 AM

Since you're in NM, you really aren't too worried about snow + ice I assume... And water traction is good, but probably not an overwhelming point either. Although when it rains out there, the streets to seem to flood pretty quck.

I'd suggest these:

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (yeah, you already knew this)
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1
Pirelli PZero

Not necessarily in that order either, they're all great tires. Some are more costly than the others smile.gif