Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

New Brake System

Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok all, its time for my first modification. The brakes are starting to squeal so that means the pads are worn. I want to upgrade my brake system. Everything is completely stock on my 99 RD1 FX 2.0L. What are some good brands to go with i dont want to expensive but i dont want to cheap either. I believe my car is non capacitive too. My plan for this car is to replace things that go wrong one at a time with performance mods and upgrades this helps on my budget as some people have coined the term "starving student". Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Also the mechanic that i work with gets a discount through Advance so if you know of any good buys through them too that would be cool.

Matt
Old 09-01-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if i were you i would just go with slotted rotors, performance pads, and SS braided brake lines. thats about 350 total right there and a great improvement.

we have a multiple current threads open on brake lines right now. do some searching and you should figure out a ton of options.