Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Need New Disc Brakes

Old 07-16-2005, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Went to the shop to fix my left front bearing and it seems to have f*cked my disc brake. The disc itself was seperated from the
piece of metal with the 4 bolt holes when they tried to remove it.
So I need new front disc brakes. I have looked around here but the only ones available are the stock ones off poor quality.

So what are my options, I've mailed rotorspro for a price. Is it best to swap all four discs or only the front. Second should I replace the brakepads as well ?

If rotorspro doesn't work out, I've found some rotors from KVR at the HP website. Are these any good ?

Also I've read some things about captive/non-captive here. The shop my car is at have tried 2 different brands of rotors (designed for the car) and they don't fit, both are just somewhat mm to short or too large. Is there a possibility that the rotors from either rotorspro or hp won't fit on my vehicle, it is a european coupé

I feel like real crap having my car at the shop, I'm currently looking for work and this ain't helping.

Does it help if I contact Hyundai about the rotor just breaking. The car is from 99 and it has 66k km on it. Or can it come from the fact my bearing was bad?

TIA
Old 07-16-2005, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Definitely is best to have 4 discs.
Contact Blacktibs, he's selling a set of 4 drilled rotors for cheap.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:19 PM

pm'ed him

But I'm in kinda a hurry so I've checked ebay already for options and omfg how much is on there.

I can't really make a choice

You've have some bidders like R1concepts or irotors

anyone have any experience with them ?

How about this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...gory=33564&rd=1

or this:

last one:

How do I know these will work and fit ?

Sorry for being a pain in the ass, I'd just like my baby to run again
Old 07-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

you can contact Blacktibs... or rotorpros (rotorpros@yahoo.com) and get good quality rotors.

What year Tiburon do you have?

more than 10 minutes.... I merged them for you --Mad

I would go with Blacktibs (FlyRyde) or RotorPros (see email above). Both have sold SEVERAL sets on this website and are sure to fit and work fine with your Tiburon. It's important for us to know what year your Tiburon is to know whether or not you have captive rotors. Do your rotors have 4 large bolts holding them on? Take pictures if you can, then we'll be able to give you a definite.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:06 AM

I bought from forumracing, by far the best price for slotted only in black zinc. No complaints, but don't expect them to arrive quickly, mine took a full week to arrive. Depending on your options they make them after you buy, and ship ground due to weight.

I think you'll be waiting a while if you buy from any of those sellers on ebay, unless perhaps you go with slotted and drilled with silver zinc, which is the most popular option. Contact them and make sure they actually have the sets ready to ship before buying.

Everyone seems to like rotorpros, on many forums.

I would swap all four at once.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:27 AM

It's a tubby from 1999. Don't have pics or measurements yet, gonna fly by the shop on monday I think a take a few pics and measure the rotor. I thought the rotor had 4 holes and 2 smaller ones with a wiretap which you could use to put 2 bolts in to pull the rotor off or something.

probably gonna swap all 4 rotors at once. Can I keep my brake pads as they are or is it best to replace them as well.

Depending on the price blacktibs dusty rotors drilled is a option. I like drilled/slotted better but we'll see. Maybe rotorspro has some for quick shipping.

I'll leave ebay for what it is. I'm worried about waiting 3 weeks and not have the rotors to fit well.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:41 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

rotorpro's is a great place. I got mine in like 3 days.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:58 AM

LoL, you're probably not living in Europe laugh.gif

yeah, I like the rotors from the GB, but I haven't gotten a response from rotorspro so far sad.gif
Old 07-17-2005, 07:35 AM

A 99 tiburon does NOT have captive rotors. It's brake rotors should be the same for all the tiburons without captive rotors (99, 2000, 2001) so finding rotors should not be an issue for your shop.

NOW.. nobody seems to believe me on this for some odd reason. If you remove the screws that hold the rotors on, the hole behind them is tapped for two different sized threads. The ones in the rotors are LARGER than than the ones in the hub. The trick is to find the proper bolt that screws into those holes in the rotor ONLY. Once you get two bolts in those holes, you turn them together or alternate a couple of threads between them. Soon enough, the rotor will either pop off of the hub or the mounting face of the rotor will break.. in that case, it is then very easy to tap the braking surface off of the hub with a mallot.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:52 AM

I'm not completely following your story, but that could be due to my suckass english laugh.gif

you have some pics to enlighten the whole thing.

If I take this rotor for example (this pic is from rotorspro website)

The piece I circled in the red was broken off from the rest of the rotor. Is this normal? Could this come from a wrong way off removing the rotor from the car ?