Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Need help with Rear Body Shaking

Old 05-07-2004, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I bought some 17's. When I rode on the highway with them on, the back end would seem like it was moving on it's own track. But it only did it for a few seconds. Well I recently switched back to my stock 15's. My car was going crazy ( Rocking back and forth in the rear ). So I crawled under the car and discovered that one of the nuts on my linkage that connects the strut to the stabilizer bar was gone. The linkage was just hanging there, but was still connected tightly to the strut. I had to find a new nut and then I re-tightened the linkage to the stabilizer bar. I went for a test drive and everything seemed fine....But then later it was doing it again.

The road I test drove on was perfectly straight. The one I drove on later had some dips. Here are some things about my car to help anyone try to figure this out.

-Lowered on intrax springs that are about a year and a half old
-3 tires are farely new and the back left one isn't bald, but isn't perfect either
-The car drives straight, even if you let go of the wheel when it is rocking
-It feels like the rear body is just moving around

Should I take my car somewhere and let them find out what's wrong? Or should I order a new stabilizer bar and linkages? Or maybe someone knows exactly what is wrong bc they have experienced it before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to have the tires even, that one that is overly worn isn't doing your much good. Try and move the set that is on the back to the front and see how that does. As for your suspension coming apart, I don't know on that one, just make sure everything is tightened to factory specs.