Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Need advice on size tires to use!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/hyundai/tiburon
Default Need advice on size tires to use!

I just received my CCW LM16! Rim spec's are 16x8 +20 offset. The rims are to be installed on my Rd1 Tib w/full coilover suspension! I'm trying to accomplish a nice low stance without any rubbering issues. So what size tires should I get? I was thinking 205/45r16. Is there any Rd1 and Rd2 tib's out there that have any experence with these size rims! Plus, I've been told I should roll my fenders for extra clearance. Any help or advice would be helpfull.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I would definitely be looking at some rolled fenders. Considering the stock wheel is 7 inches wide, with +38 offset, you are adding another one inch of wheel width and then moving the whole thing another 18 mm towards the guards.

One inch is 24.5mm

So you're adding 12.5mm of wheel width to the outside of the wheel

Then moving it 18mm towards the guard

Do you have 20.5mm of clearance inside your guard across the whole range of suspension travel?

I would be getting wider tyres than 205s, what's the point of wider wheels if you run the ghey ass stock tires? A 45 or 40 profile sounds about right though.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

he mentioned the current ultra trendy "stance" phrase so hes probably lookin for some herrafrush

and judgin by the fact that he wants a 205 stretched across a 8" wide im almost certain

im rollin on 225/50r15s on stock 6" wide wheels and only get some slight rubbing on the inner fender during full lock ill probably phone book it here soon just to be safe
Old 07-29-2012, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
I would definitely be looking at some rolled fenders. Considering the stock wheel is 7 inches wide, with +38 offset, you are adding another one inch of wheel width and then moving the whole thing another 18 mm towards the guards.

One inch is 24.5mm

Do you have 20.5mm of clearance inside your guard across the whole range of suspension travel?

I would be getting wider tyres than 205s, what's the point of wider wheels if you run the ghey ass stock tires? A 45 or 40 profile sounds about right though.

you have your numbers mixed up, one inch is 2.54cm or 25.4mm. your point is still valid though.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:53 AM

One inch is 24.5mm

O, thanks for the math clearance break down! The point for the wider wheels is that I got them for free. So, therefore I hate to turn away rims that are worth $2,500. And yes I'm looking for the flush look stance with what you call the "Ghey Ass Stock Tires"! Plus, from what I remember my ghey ass stock tires where 195s from the factory! Anyways why do some members hate on the flush look! I've noticed many of our GenCoupe members rock the flush look stance and no one seems to hate.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Oh we haters are quite vocal on how gay stretched tires are even to the gc crowd
Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Hating implies some sort of jealousy... that is not the case. A properly fit rim with less fender gap than stock with a dash of camber if you actually drive in a way that would require anything besides stock camber, not bad. Stretching tires four times past anything any sane individual would call safe, then slamming the edge of the rim up to the fender and making your contact patch about [--------------------------------] that big, is dumb in the opinion of a lot of people here, genesis coupes included.

Some hyundai engineer that was in charge of making a gen coupe turn right dies a little bit every time a "tuner" destroys his work.. I need to find a picture of that guy, whoever he is, and do the single tear thing like the trash campaign sometime ago... maybe it will help stop the madness?
Old 07-29-2012, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Think of the tire like a vagina

one does not simply stretch the sides out by an inch for better looks

one does not simply tilt it on its side and expect a good contact patch

one does not simply mount it extremely close to your bodywork and expect it not to get ruined

Think of the hyundai engineers man. They wrote the karma sutra on vagina geometry and do not approve of flush swaggery.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:16 PM

one does not simply mount it extremely close to your bodywork and expect it not to get ruined

Thats exactly what she said but I really didnt give a f@%k! Its not like I was going to marry her anyways. I just like to stretch my rubber. Ask any women shell tell you. Just like vaginas they come and they go so who knows i might find the right one someday.....lol.... I just hope you dont have a vagina because Im not trying to hurt you. But thanks for your words of wisdom. O and thanks again for the math clearance.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Think of the hyundai engineers man. They wrote the karma sutra on vagina geometry and do not approve of flush swaggery.

THAT IS ALL...