Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

My Car With Eibach's.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tore down my suspension for the 4th time already on Tue to install my Eibach's instead of Intrax. Intall went well and pretty quick. Reasons for installing Eibachs is because my 17s with 215-40 were rubbing with such low drop.

I also installed 2 sets of camber kits (front and rear) and hopefully will get an alignment done this weekend smile.gif

Here is what the car looks like with the drop. Difference on the front is not big between Eibach and Intrax, but rear is what's killing me 02.gif. With Intrax I could not stick a finger between front tire and fender and on the rear it was 1 finger. Now I have 2 fingers on the front and 3.5 on the back 02.gif

Here are the pictures of the drop at the front and rear:

FRONT

REAR

Also, here are the pictures to compare Eibach springs to Intrax:

FRONT:

REAR:

Althought I'm upset with the height of my car now, I'm very very very happy with new feeling of handling! Pot holes no longer give the effect of braking my car apart! Ride is a lot softer and smoother over Intrax.

I was also able to take some corners, and as far as I took them, feeling is almost the same. No dip, no roll!

Feel free to comment smile.gif

thanks

OP
Old 05-12-2005, 12:43 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Looks good mate!

It sounds like the new springs will be easier to live with on a daily basis... But you do realise they will drop a bit more over the coming months, don't you?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:48 AM

Yes, the ride will be a lot more enjoyable now smile.gif

They will settle a bit more... nothing will compare to the amazing look that Intrax gave me!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM

"Pros & cons" mate... You've just gotta weigh them up. For the sake of an extra inch or so, I'd take better handling over looks any day of the week!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:00 AM

It handles the same, maybe a bit worse than intrax corner wise, but ride quality was increased dramaticly!!!

I had to make the sacrafise because of the rubbing.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:09 AM

Where were the tyres rubbing? On the inside or on the outside?

You may have simply been able to roll the guards if it was the outside of the tire... If it was the inside, spacers may have helped a bit.

But if it was just bottoming out there's not too much you could've done about it.

I don't think it has hurt the look of your car at all though mate. Still looks sweet! B)
Old 05-12-2005, 01:12 AM

I was scraping my tire against fender. I had chunks of rubber hanging aroung after every sharp right/left turn I took. And yes, I tried fixing the fenders a bit, but nothing much you could do about it because tires were tucked in.

Thanks man smile.gif
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 AM

Your Tib looks hot. Those wheels really made a big difference in appearance.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:41 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Man, your car looks good with this springs. I like it.

If cornering is the same and ride quality is much better - then stay with this springs. Car still looks amazing.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:32 AM

they will def lower with time...my rear is really low, but then again it's because i have a heavy a$$ system in the trunk which lowers it alot. my front and my rear are the same and very low.