Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Meisterr Zeta Coilovers

Old 12-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

£499 is $827.34 USD (right now) but the company is willing to talk price.. (and ship international)

Ever heard of these before? I haven't around our forums but have in the Japanese market quite a bit. What are your opinions on how they match up to KSports, Nex, Tein, Etc..

QUOTE ("MeisterR")
I am clearing 2 set of coilovers for 96-01 Hyundai Coupe (RD) at £499 delivered!
This is a clearance price so coilovers will carry 30 days warranty only.

Here are the specification:

Aluminium Top-Mount
Anodised Aluminium top-mount with high quality silent pillowball bearings. The pillowball bearings provides increased steering response over the standard OE rubber top-mount. Models with the MacPherson Strut will include camber adjustment.

Monotube Dampers
High Pressure gassed monotube dampers with large diameter and short-stroke pistons provides rapid damping response and prolong performance under stress.

Inverted Dampers
MacPherson Strut Models will come with inverted dampers for reduced unsprung weight, added strength and increased performance.

Nickel Plated Thread
The threaded damper body is plated with an extra thick (30 Microns) high phosphorus electroless nickel to provide superior corrosion protection.

Heavy Duty Rubber Boot
Dirt are kept out of the damper cylinder with a heavy duty rubber boot. This will prolong the life and the performance of the dampers.

Precision Made Springs
Cold-wound chrome silicon steel coil springs are made to MeisterR specification. The Springs are finished with a heavy black powdercoat to protect against corrosion.

Perches and Collar
Light weight anodized aluminium spring perches and locking collar allows precise adjustment of the Springs’ pre-load. Harden rubber base is included to reduce noise.

Steel Lower Bracket with Height Adjustment
Strengthened steel lower Bracket finished with black anti-corrosion powder coat allows vehicle height adjustment without disturbing the Springs’ pre-load or damper stroke.

If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to E-mail me at info@meisterR.com
Or please feel to call me at 07907 527333
Old 12-03-2009, 06:21 PM

dayum it looks very promising, well made n well explained, I would buy them in a heart beat, but I still have my turbo tib project pending sad.gif
Old 12-03-2009, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

so is this a set of 2
or 2 sets of pairs

are you getting 2 or 4?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I believe you would be getting a set of four. There are just 2 sets that they are selling with the clearance price.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

i dont know much about suspension other than oem stuff, so these are obviously direct bolt on. right?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Oooo dampeners fing02.gif I love my dampeners, makes for a great ride!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM

^^what do you have yellow?

iheart, TibFreak is right. You get one for each corner for the price. There are two sets (of 4) available at this price.
These are made to fit the first and second generation Tiburon, replacing your strut tower and springs.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well I have the Tien SS-P dampeners, however, they are for a 3g eclipse.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:37 PM

So these are STILL available and I was seriously considering finding a way to come up with $850 to purchase but have been doing a little more research on them and feel like I should share..

What tips me off that these really are budget coilovers is that they don't even tell you what kind of adjustments they have!!! High or low speed rebound damping? High or low speed compression damping? I currently have KYB GR2 dampers (basically stock) and Apex Springs on the turbo tib and the ride is HARSH on the street. Yea, my ride height is lowered but I NEED dampening on the track! Not rock solid weight! I'm thinking these MeisterR coilovers will ride a lot worse than say koni sports on full soft (for the street). They are a monotube gas shock, vs a twintube oil shock (koni) so they will be harsh!!! Also, in order to take advantage of these, I would need to take car to be corner-weighted, and probably end up with a weird wheelgap on one or more wheels.

So my recommendation would be to pass these coilovers up..

Say this to yourself 100x. COILOVERS DON'T MAKE A CAR HANDLE BETTER JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE COILOVERS. The whole advantage to coilovers is you can get the damping/ride height setup right for you car. That's HARD to do, and most people stop f***ing with it before they get it right. Plus, in order to get better damping than is available in a plain-ol' Koni Sport (yellow) you have to spend like $2k on some KW Variant 3s, or better.

So unless you ahve 2-3 grand to blwo on coilovers, I'd recommend looking into Koni Sport (yellows) and proper Springs.

Go to shox.com, look at the Koni packages available. There's one that packages Koni sports/H&R sport springs. That would be DYNAMITE out of the box, simple to setup, and it's $869 shipped. That package will destroy any coilover under two grand. That's what the time attack winners at Arroyo Seca used...and they USED to have coils!

Just think about it.