Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Looks like 17's for me...

Old 12-21-2002, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like 17's for me...

Well I tried to price out 215/45/16 for my Motegis to fit my Elantra, unfortunately there isn't a lot available because its an odd-ball tire. So it looks like 17's are my only option {shhh... that's what I'm telling my girlfriend}; I'll just have to work a bit of overtime, now until May, and hopefully I'll have enough saved up.
I would try to sell them to one of you guys, but EVERYONE has Motegi's right? That's another reason why I might get a different brand this time around. I did happen to stumble across these while on eBay. Very similar, but they're not Motegis. It says 'American 786 Stlye' WTF are they???
Old 12-21-2002, 06:02 AM

They are just a similar wheel. There are soooo many companies that make wheels just like that. It's all a matter of price and quality.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:13 AM

I difinetly likes these ones too. The lines of the rim will reflect the design of my Elantra. Maybe even better than Motegi's would. But like you said, what it comes down to is price and quality. Motegis are good in both regards. I'll have to find out who makes that particular set, if its American Racing, than quality is already there. Just need a price.
No matter what my final decision is, what do you guys think about Gunmetal on a silver car? I always thought it wasn't a good match, but the guy at the tire dealership I deal with said they look pretty sharp. Only problem is, I've never seen them together.
Pictures anyone?
Old 12-21-2002, 12:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You can NEVER go wrong with Gunmetal. White, Red, and Black rims are VERY touchy on where they fit. Stainless and Gunmetal always look good.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:52 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent

Hey Elantra, I have a set of 17" Gunmetal MR7s w/ kuhmo 712s if you are interested. Only about 5 or so months old, have chrome valve stems and tuner lugs and key.

Let me know, I'd like to keep them in the Hyundai Family wink

jules@eiis.net
Old 12-26-2002, 06:51 AM

I'd find out how much those wheels weigh. I know Sears and those sorts of places have cheap, decent looing wheels, but they're enormously heavy. Which basically comes down to quality. I don't recognize that logo, but there are so many companies now, they may be alright.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:56 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent

I've seen 2 or 3 different weights for the MR7s ranging from 20-24lbs, I'd just say they weigh 22