Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Ksport coilovers any good?

Old 05-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Ksport coilovers any good?

http://www.redlinemotive.com/part-nu...t/chy04-kp.asp

The KSport Kontrol Pro is a fully adjustable coilover kit that is made for street cars with race car technology. Each KSport Kontrol Pro Damper Kit is 36 way adjustable to allow you to fine tine your suspension exactly how you want it. Unlike cheaper coilovers that either don't have adjustability at all, or only a few levels, the 36 way adjustable KSport Kontrol Pro adjusts both compression and rebound at the same time. Some applications come with pillowball top mounts so that you can maintain your vehicle suspension geometry. All of the KSport Kontrol Pro coilovers kits with pillow ball upper mounts have camber adjustability included so you can adjust camber on the actual KSport coilover as opposed to having a seperate unit. Click on the part number to see if your application comes with this.

On most KSport Kontrol Pro Coilover Kits, the adjustable lower mount is what is used to raise and lower the vehicle. The good thing about this is that you can lower your car all the way, without losing any suspension travel. On other designs, you would actually be compressing the spring which ruins handling and gives a harsh ride. With the KSport Kontrol Pro mounts being mostly made of billet aluminum, it's lightweight, strong and rust resistant. Each shock is valved appropriately for each application so the coilover has a long life, with unmatched ride quality and reliability.

The KSport Kontrol Pro is monotube so the oil and gas are seperate inside of the cylinder. Unlike twin tube designs, the KSport Kontrol Pro monotube dissipates heat better, allows for better adjustment, and has a more sophisticated and expensive design process which results in a much better ride.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It depends on what your intentions are, but in general, no not really.

They're better than they use to be, but that's not saying much.

Damping rates between struts on the same axle often can't be adjusted to match even with one at full soft and the other at full stiff. If they do overlap, it's only a small amount generally. The damping is very stiff, too stiff for the springs the coilovers ship with so the ride is harsh and the struts blow out fairly often.

If you just want the car to be low and stiff, they might work for you.

Any other questions about them I can probably help. I know several people with them.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

It was more curiosity than anything. I have my Eibachs and KYB's. I was just wondering since I've seen other full "race" coil overs upwards of $1400+
Old 05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

They're not all that bad if you get them to rebuild and match your struts on their shock dyno. But that's $$$.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

I have had my set for about a year and a half, drove across country with them, lol there not bad for the price. The only thing like 187sks said the dampening sucks, you never have to go like more than 12 clicks from full soft to that rock hard ride, i usually set mine for 3 in the front 1 or 2 in the back in town.. but it also depends on how tight you wind up the preload... I know with my settings in town it is not much stiffer than stock... And i have never had a problem with the struts... but supposedly they have a decent warranty not sure never had to use it, just heard of it! I really got these to eleminate wheelhop... and the look of course...

but what i was saying is it is bang for the buck if you just want something to get low on and i do know there better than the spring kit for our 99 tibs by B&G they sucked so bad, i could take a turn at 20 mph and just feel the car body rolling... they were Caddy soft and didnt seem to lower the car at all!!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Keep in mind that if you don't like the coilover spring you can always upgrade with springs from the likes of summit racing or other racing supplier. In the past I have bought cheap coilovers and then but the summit springs with higher linear spring rates to autocross on. Some cars it was the only way as the higher quality kits didn't exist. But if higher quality exists you are better off getting the good kits from the start imo