Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Kspec Coilovers

Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

are the kspec coilover any good? any one have them? i am looking into a suspenion upgrade and adont really want soething that you cant tune. can u even tune the coilovers one kspec? just give me thoughts on them.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

theres two different ones. pick one you want to know about. the gold are adjustable only by preloading the spring, which isnt so good. the 1500 are adjustable by that, and a threaded lower mount, which is better.

i also suggest looking at the ksports. they are adjustable via the lower mount, and only about 850 right now.

why did you sell the turbo parts only to turn around and start buying other things? thought you needed money.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

got a job again, paid my laptop off, and have like 500 extra. and then paycheck....and i guess i forgot bout like 300 dollars worth of rebates. i really didnt have time for tuning, and have an unreliable car. college started and i only had one car. that was a major reason. but please dont make me go into it.... its a said thing.

point is. ill be happy with a small setup for a while.... suspension, exhaust, headers, and 1.8l cam. thats what im going to look at getting int he next few months. exhaust and headers soon. and the 1.8l cam will come this up coming week. (i hope) i got 3 grand out of the setup soooo ya.

tell me more about the ksports, which are the better setup? i would like to hear bout both of the kspec setups if possible.

thx man.

PS. no EVER ask about the turbo again unless u want on my bad side........ grrrrrrrrrrr 02.gif
Old 09-09-2005, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well, the ksports are comparable to the 1500s on kspec, for like 850 shipped. both adjustable in ride height via a completely threaded strut body and a threaded lower strut mount. im happy with my ksports thus far.

the golds are only adjustable by compressing the spring. this hurts your suspension travel.