Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

I need help on rims sizes... anyone please help!!!!!

Old 05-16-2001, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nop I went from 205x50x15 to 215x40x16 diameter dif .3 inches which is Ok
Old 05-16-2001, 07:02 AM

Sorry for intruding but white shark and white wheels??? UM no!!! I would go with black of dark silver. Most of this is taste of what you like and don't. You can go with 16 or 17 wheels then select the tire that you like along the lines of the discussion. This also taste, you like the big rims great you sacrifice width, you like width you sacifice rim size. It is just a matter of taste!! Once you decide your taste you can buy either set to work well on your tibby. wheels but that is just taste.

If for some reason you do not want me to participate on your decision let me know I do not want to intrude, no hard feeling! Just trying to help!
Old 05-16-2001, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

What are speedo?
How do they affect the car or speed?
Let me know...
Thanks for all your help guys...
Old 05-17-2001, 12:43 AM

JUST TAKE IT TO A WELL KNOWN SHOP!!!!! THEY SHOULD KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, PLEASE!
I think my white on white looks sweet! eek.gif
Old 05-17-2001, 12:43 AM

THE SPEEDO IS SHORT FOR SPEEDOMETER. HOW DOES IT AFFECT, WELL RELATED TO TIRES AND WHEELS IS VERY SIMPLE. THE SPEEDO OF YOUR CAR IS SET UP BY THE FACTORY DEPENDING ON THE CIRCUNFERENCE OF THE TIRE IN OTHER WORDS HOW MANY METERS YOU ADVANCE WITH ONE TURN OF YOUR TIRES, WITH THIS SET UP THEY SET UP THE SPEEDO AND ODOMETER. IF YOU CHANGE THE TIRE DIAMETER IN OTHER WORDS THE TOTAL SET HEIGHT YOU WILL CONFUSE THE SPEEDO AND THE ODOMETER. IF SET UP IS TALLER YOU WILL ADVANCE MORE PER TURN SO YOU WILL BE GOING FASTER THAN YOUR SPEEDO TELLS YOU AND VICE VERSA IF THEY ARE SMALLER. THE OTHER CHANGE IS THE FINAL RATIO ON THE ROAD, SINCE THE TIRE IS TALLER YOU LOOSE TORQUE TO THE ROAD AND YOUR SHIFTING CHANGES. VICE VERSA WITH SMALLER. THEREFORE TRY TO STAY WITH THE SAME HEIGHT TO KEEP THINGS UNDER CONTROL. HE HEIGHT OF THE SETUP IS THE DIAMETER WHICH RELATES TO THE CIRCUNFERENCE. SO REGARDLESS OF RIM SIZE AND WIDTH YOU NEED TO KEEP THE DIAMAMETER OF ORIGINAL THEREFORE YOU PLAY WITH THE TIRE WALL HEIGHT (THAT SECOND NUMBER OF THE TIRE 215X40X16). THE SITE RANDOM POSTED ABOVE ALLOWS YOU TO PLUG YOUR ORIGINAL SET UP AND PLUG TWO VARIABLES ON THE SECOND, THEN COMPARE AND YOU WILL GET CHOICES. TAKE YOUR PICK AND YOU WILL OBTAIN THE DIFFERENCES YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. REGARDS