Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Hyundai suspension

Old 04-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default Hyundai suspension

I was reading this article about Hyundai building a facility near Nurburgring and it said the company continues to struggle with suspension refinement compared to its Japanese, German and domestic rivals. I thought Hyundai took suspension engineering from Lotus or Ferrari or something. So how can it be worst than Japanese and German cars?

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/20/h...t-nurburgring/

It looks as if Hyundai is set to build a test facility at the famous Nürburgring. Carscoop reports the Korean automaker has commenced construction on a 10,000-square-foot test center with access to the lengthy German track. Hyundai says the $7.3 million facility will help the company focus on improving the ride and handling of its vehicles through extensive research and development.

Sounds like a plan to us. While we've seen Hyundai vehicles improve on many fronts over the past few years, the company continues to struggle with suspension refinement compared to its Japanese, German and domestic rivals.

Automakers routinely flock to the Nürburgring for testing and development thanks to the track's unusual attributes. With a variety of surfaces, banking, turns, elevation and even weather, the circuit offers engineers the ability to put a vehicle through its paces in a wider range of conditions than most facilities.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The lame commuter car of today was an engineering marvel impossible to imagine a couple of decades ago. Hyundai has made great strides, but let's be honest nobody much thinks of stock Hyundais as sports cars. Including them, which is why they are spending megabucks to get their suspension technology up to their own standards
Old 04-03-2013, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

The thought of punting an i10 around the nurburgring in the name of durability testing pleases me greatly.

If in doubt though, make it softer and more wallowy. Consumers love smooth rides.