Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

How To Roll A Rubbing Fender

Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was being coy wink1.gif If you think you have problems now, you should try a set of tires that are wider and larger in diameter. The reality is, I've had no issues with the setup, likely because the wheels have the correct offset to avoid hitting the fender with the extra width. this is the stock setup for a GK; they go well with my GK rims, hubs, and brakes wink1.gif

And I use them because the taller tires yield taller overall gearing and more sidewall for less ride roughness. Yeah, so the speedometer is off by about 6% (math says so, GPS suggests the same), but I can compute 2/3rds of 10% in my head without thinking about it. (60mph -> 64mph, it's pretty cake) So other than the odometer being slightly less accurate, it's otherwise not a detriment to me.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

weird thing is that is only on the passenger side. Is nothing major but it did shave pieces of the tire on side while turning right. I think It might be because that fender is not a Hyundai OEM but aftermarket fender that i replaced. Regardless I just finished fixing it. Just removed the plastic guard and bang it with a rubber mallet. My rubber mallet was pretty big so I also used a regular hammer,cut out a couple of circles of cardboard and taped it to the hammer head. Worked perfect. The paint hardly chipped at all. By the way. I almost passed out, it is 2pm here in Miami and the head index is 105. It is hot as hell. no need for head gun because fenders were already 130-140 with the sun.