Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

how do people get curb rash??

Old 06-29-2010, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tib
Default how do people get curb rash??

so i've been in the market for some nice wheels and am absolutely ASTOUNDED at how often people have wheels with curb rash! i mean, how does that happen? i have been driving cars for many years, as has my mom and my brother and my friends. the only time anyone has ever had any kind of wheel damage was when they got into an actual car accident. i am wondering how the hell people get curb rash?? do they not pay attention to driving? have no idea how to park? i mean, it seems so stupid, and i want to know if there's something i am missing as to how people get curb rash on expensive wheels. i'd love to know!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

taking a turn too sharp and hitting the curb with your rear wheels. I've done it in my SUV, but it only hits the tire not the rim. In my Tiburon, it's impossible for me to get curb rash. I'd break off chunks of body kit before it ever got to my wheels.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Happened to me (with the GTO) while parallel parking, the car was fairly new to me and I wasn't used to it.

Also happened with a badly designed entrance into the parking garage at work, a very sharp turn with a curved curb. Sucks when it happens, what can you do..
Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Did both wheels on one side parallel parking the Accent one time when I was sick and not paying close enough attention. Another spot people do it a lot is drive thru curbs. A lot of the time the design on a drive thru makes it difficult to not clip the inside curb.