Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Horrible Road Noise

Old 06-12-2006, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so, i have been noticing increased noise in the cabin while driving. and i discovered yesterday after paying attention to it, that it vibrates the front dash some, the windows a bit at high speeds (autobahn speeds) and it stops and gets quiet when i make hard right turns, either suddenly or for a long on or off ramp. i could probably use an alignment, but wouldn't the noise stop then with left turns too? the tires are a ok, the suspension is also good, and theres no rubbing due to the low profile tires. they are winters on the front still, and they're the blizzak lm-25's, of which i understand the first half of tread is soft, the second half is harder, so i'm thinkin maybe thats it. but the only reason i'm not sure is because it stops, and gets real quiet, when i turn right. any ideas, or has anyone had a similar problem. my budget is tight, i'm planning on getting married soon and have to save for a ring, otherwise i would just buy new struts, wheels, and alignment, since i will need them for the track later anyways but i'm hoping i can save some time and money by seeing what you guys think. thanks for any help you can provide smile.gif . since i'm in germany, may take a while to respond.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:22 AM

I am thinking wheel bearing. When you turn hard right, you are unloading the right side of the car, which takes strain off of that side of the suspension. It is probably your right rear wheel bearing. Does the sound get worse when you turn left?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:32 AM

Wheel bearing
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

semi off-topic:
Why in gods name don't we have a wheel bearing sticky? This is SUCH a common problem. There's like a post every week.