Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Help With Rear Chamber Kit

Old 06-16-2006, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

ok well i finnaly managed to get back online, first its internet problems then RD is down and then my comp goes to shit... again.... so needless to say im back and need help smile.gif and not sure if i thanked you tibby before my internet died, got the coilovers installed and its an unbelivable change laugh.gif

alrighty... well to my problem, i got those ksport coilovers installed, went in for an alignment and they did the fronts ok but said i need chamber kits in the back, cause according to the measurments ones off by like 1.76 and the others off by like 1.97 degrees,

now i personally dont remember or hear about to many people mentioning the fact that they need chamber kits after installing these coilovers so did i do something wrong on the install?

and now the kicker... decided to let them go along with it and well.. they only got 1 kind of bolt that fits according to there book, they tried that one and when they put it in they said they could spin it by hand so they couldnt do it, so im like ok... then i called up this one shop in the city, they deal with more aftermarket parts and installs and stuff, "cms", well they end up telling me that in total theres 3 bolts that fit, all of them are the same size though and only the shim is different, so if the one they tried didnt fit then these 'probably' wont either and they said i should ask around on the forums lol, coincidently... the forums were down at that point, good timing smile.gif

so.... all in all... im left with my rear tires off by about 2 degrees.... which is alot so.... what did i do wrong lol

and then a quick OT question, few weeks back finnaly got around to installing those AE's that i got from chris, one of them ran for like 5 seconds before it died so didnt bother actually installing any of the ae's since i'd have to do the same thing all over again for at least one headlight, anyone know what kind of led's and resistors he uses in his ae's? think im just going to fix it myself since it took about 2 months or so to get my repair kits to make them white, (not bashing him, know he's swamped and busy) but im leaving in about 2.5 weeks for a few months so sorta on a time restraint and he isint replying to pm's

well thanks again for any help, you guys always save my ass tongue.gif
Old 06-20-2006, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which ksport did you get...most likley its already a built in adjustment, but other than that i used to have ebay camber bolts that worked great.