Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

help painting calipers and drums

Old 03-15-2010, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent
Default help painting calipers and drums

I got some caliper paint and im ready to do my calipers and drums.
with that being said, is there any good DIYs out there?
or do you guys have any experience with this?
any tips or advice would also be appreciated.
heres the stuff i got (pep boys)

OH. and this has nothing to do with anything but i saw this S2000 in VA smile.gif

Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

That 2000 looks like crap, lol. For the calipers, wire brush, a good clean and dry, and if you do them on the car, make sure you tape off everything you don't want painted. 2 coats of the dupli color does a great job!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If you want do a DIY yourself. It's really easy actually, you'll be fine. With this, the most important thing will be ensuring that it's truly clean before you paint.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent

well guys ive been watching some youtube videos so now i just need a sunny and somewhat a windy day to do this.

oh yeah the color i chose is black.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I prefer to use the G2-brand brush on 2-part epoxy. However, if you're going to spray, wait until you're ready to replace your front pads. Remove the wheel and clean everything. Mask off the studs. Mask off the suspension. Spray the caliper, rotor, everything. Wait until it dries. Remove the masking and re-install the wheel. Slowly drive around your neighborhood and allow your old pads to scrub the paint off the rotor wear surface (No, this isn't going to make you crash or keep your brakes from working. It will only take a couple of 20 mph stops to rub off the paint). Remove the rims and replace your old pads with the new pads. Now your caliper and rotor hat are all nice and purdy and you don't have any paint on your pads.