Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/)
-   -   Hawk or EBC greenstuff (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/braking-wheels-tires-suspension-12/hawk-ebc-greenstuff-22764/)

faithofadragon 12-16-2004 01:12 PM

Re: Removing dashboard

exactly how it sounds

lookin on opinions on which is better
ive been using hawk but its time for a change

both cost about the same

any thoughts?

UltraTibby 12-16-2004 01:33 PM

Re: racing seat harness

You ever think about using PRB/Axxis pads? I;ve had the Ultimate ones on the front and Metal Masters on the rear since a little after I purchased the car and they are pretty nice. The only problem I have with them is the front pads make a good amount of dust. I dont have D/S rotors so that may make a difference.

supercow 12-16-2004 04:15 PM

Re: Avatars, Avatars, Avatars!!!***UPDATED 56K WARNING***

I've got hawk on the rear and greenstuff on the front. one thing is for sure the front make alot of dust. but they stop great!! so it's really a trade off. I would recommend them though.

edit: oh btw, last time I check ebc only makes front brakes for us.

Mad-Machine 12-16-2004 04:27 PM

Re: Who misses hockey

I have EBC on the front right now.. and I have been unhappy about them because of the way they did not quite fit the caliper... I just got UPSed in front and rear hawk pads.... unfortunatly, I will not see a change in braking.. I am downgrading my tyres for the winter back to the 14 inch steel stockers.

supercow 12-16-2004 05:22 PM

Re: ultimate turbo set up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have EBC on the front right now.. and I have been unhappy about them because of the way they did not quite fit the caliper... I just got UPSed in front and rear hawk pads.... unfortunatly, I will not see a change in braking.. I am downgrading my tyres for the winter back to the 14 inch steel stockers.</div>
what do you mean didn't fit the caliper?? only those two tabs on each end are important to hold it in place (well besides the rotor and the piston) and mine took a little bit of force to get in there... if they were larger, well then they wouldn't have fit. did you get the wrong part??

Mad-Machine 12-16-2004 08:23 PM

Re: North East Meet DECEMBER 19TH

that I do not know... I had to remove the shim to get it to fit over the rotor... and even then it dragged enough at first to warp the rotor and kill the bearing.. but only on the passenger side. The driver's side was tight too, but not that tight.

Zman 12-16-2004 08:50 PM

Re: ARK SPEED RACING Discussion/Concerns

What you mention seems to be related more to instalation than the pads itself... maybe the piston needed to be compressed before putting the pads back in place... have you tried to drain/purge your brake fluid?
I had a problem with my rear brake sticking heavy, but it was a rusted piston, it was with OEM rear pads.
Right now I'm with my second set of EBC's and I am very happy with their braking performance. O btw they DO warp rotors, but I think OEM rotors warp with anything else than OEM pads, first set of EBC I used woth OEM rotors, this second set I am using with brand new Rotora slotted rotors.

skierd 12-17-2004 01:21 PM

Re: Engine Splutters.. need help

The Axxis Ultimates should dust less than the Hawks (understatement), but their dust is like superglue or something. I hate cleaning it off of my wheels. Good all around pads though imo.

01tibby 12-17-2004 02:35 PM

Re: RDTiburon Decals!

yeah, i like my axxis.

metalmasters. they're great.

faithofadragon 12-17-2004 02:41 PM

Re: Best Cheap OEM Mod Yet... *Teaser*

how hard are the axxis ultimates on rotors?

ugh i jus found out i need new ones

time for slotted instead of drilled and slotted

but i am hearin good things of the axxis pads and there like 30 cheaper than the hawks