Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Ground Control Coil Over Kit

Old 06-16-2011, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Ground Control Coil Over Kit

Anyone have these on their tib?

http://thmotorsports.com/ground_cont...GoogleShopping

If I get a set of good struts like KYB's, will I be able to go down pretty low in height and still have decent ride quality?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

Ground control is legit sh*t. You should use Koni's with them though, buy them direct from Ground control so you get the spring rate options as well
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

LOL WTF.. those things are pieces of sh*t and not to mention potentially hazardous..

coilover inserts are the poor mans solution to lowering their car. i would MUCH rather spend 700$ on a set of NEX coilovers than 420$ on pieces of crap and then needing 250$ in struts on top of that..
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by turbosocks
LOL WTF.. those things are pieces of sh*t and not to mention potentially hazardous..

coilover inserts are the poor mans solution to lowering their car. i would MUCH rather spend 700$ on a set of NEX coilovers than 420$ on pieces of crap and then needing 250$ in struts on top of that..

They're the most popular suspension.

There's absolutely nothing unsafe about them. They're better than any low end set of coilovers you can buy.

I'd highly suggest going this route.. i wish I had done this instead of getting HSD's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhc1JvE44GY

record setting lap, using ground control and Koni's.

KONI RACE shocks

Ground Control coilover sleeves

Eibach springs (700/450)

225/45-15 Hankook C71 slicks

15x9 6ULs

Trackspeed Engineering front BBK

-Wilwood DP6 calipers

-Raybestos ST-43 pads (front)

-Hawk DTC-60 pads (rear)

I know my suspensions.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

coilover sleeves are not high end.. at all..

of COURSE they are super popular, because they are CHEAP and people are CHEAP..

the most popular turbo kits are the shitty 700$ kits on ebay, that doesn't make them the right or best option..

you can set record times at the strip using a 100$ turbo also, but that doesn't mean its the best..

and the link and info you posted, the ONLY thing ground control is a sleeve, car uses eibach springs. if your going to recommend just the sleeves you misewell get some super cheap ones on ebay..

others will hopefully chime in and my bet would be going a REAL coilover route, B&G/KYB combo or height adjustable coilovers over teh gay coilover sleeve option.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by turbosocks
coilover sleeves are not high end.. at all..

of COURSE they are super popular, because they are CHEAP and people are CHEAP..

the most popular turbo kits are the shitty 700$ kits on ebay, that doesn't make them the right or best option..

you can set record times at the strip using a 100$ turbo also, but that doesn't mean its the best..

and the link and info you posted, the ONLY thing ground control is a sleeve, car uses eibach springs. if your going to recommend just the sleeves you misewell get some super cheap ones on ebay..

others will hopefully chime in and my bet would be going a REAL coilover route, B&G/KYB combo or height adjustable coilovers over teh gay coilover sleeve option.

:facepalm:

The ground control sleeves come with Eibach springs. Custom spring rates can be chosen. Those paired with Koni's is the best budget combo.

There's nothing CHEAP about them. It's $500 for the Koni's and $400 for the ground control kit.

Take it from someone that actually tracks their car, ground control is the way to go if you want budget performance.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Until the sleeve slides off the perch and the car falls on the ground

Ask me how I know this
Old 06-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

coilover sleeves = teh gay..

do it right, or don't do it at all.

get real coilovers with the spring rate you want and damper adjustment if you want to race.

if you want the height, go for NEX that have 'GR-2' style handling and can slam the car.

get a strut/spring combo if you want a static height and better than stock handling..

get gay sleeves if you want to slam your car and have a super stiff spring rate and bounce around like a 20yr old civic.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Or get coilovers, have more clearance for a wider tire, spend less money, and have more adjustability
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

B&G/KYB GR-2 combo (good drop, good handling) 500$

NEX Height Adjustable real coilovers 700~$

Ksport 36-way adjustable coilovers (w/ camber adjustment) 1000$

Fail-control coil sleeves + eibach springs + koni inserts + installing inserts + ksport top hats MOST EXPENSIVE and still gay! ~1100$

For the price, the Ksports would be a better option in everyway..(than fail-control) more adjustability, camber adjustment, SUPER easy install..

if you are just wanting a bit upgraded handling and to slam it, go with the NEX setup to save yourself 300$