Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Grinding Sound When I Turn

Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here's my situation, my Tib drives find but when i turn i can hear some kind of grinding sound coming from my front drivers wheel. I jacked the car up, did a visual check and it looked ok, couldn't turn the wheel side to side so i know that the tie rods are ok, bearings look ok. So what can it be?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

bearings LOOK ok? How about you give the wheel a wiggle. . . if there is any play in the bearings, that could be your problem right there. It could also be a brake or axle problem. Possibly something stuck in the wheelwell? Maybe you have a tire in bad condition. You could also be driving over gravel wink1.gif

Under what exact conditions do you ALWAYS get the noise? Turning either direction? Turning a little or only with the steering all the way at the stops? Driving fast or slow? Does it happen while traveling in reverse?

If the noise can be duplicated at low speeds, try driving while someone walks alongside in a parking lot, or drive by them as they stand/squat, listening.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

If it's more of a "clicking" that would probably be your CV. Had my driver's CV go out on both of my 2 tibs I've owned for some reason.