Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Got new Winter Tires

Old 10-28-2003, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got around to getting winter tires. The stock michilens that came on the car were the worst tires I have ever had the dis-pleasure of driving on. I took my 17's off about 2 weeks ago, and put my stockers back on. Here is a link to the new Dunlop winter tires I put on.
http://tires2.digiknow.com/dunlop/display_...mrktarea=Winter

They seem to grip the road really well, but as with all winter tires they are a little mushy and take some getting used to. I will update this post after the first snowfall and let you know how they preform.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:39 AM

Default Timming mods.

Ya, I did the same thing. Took my 17" rims off and installed some Cooper
http://www.coopertires.com/us/en/ProductDe...assenger&id=218 on my 15" stock rims. That was the best deal I could find in town at about $90.00 Canadian each, I even got them studded!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:44 AM

Studded, Awesome. I wish I could stud my tires for the winter, but it is just not possible living in the GTA. 90$ a tire for Coopers isn't bad, I paid $120/tire for my Dunlops, they have a very aggresive tread, and they are supposed to last longer than my other choice which wast Nokian Hakkepelitta's, they were 140$/tire, (ouch) they are very mushy, but they grip so good.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:48 AM

That's what I had for my 1st 2 winter, I liked those Dunlop but the cooper were cheaper and I wanted to have something I could stud this time around, extra grip.