Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

God Damn Garage

Old 03-25-2007, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I brought my car to a garage after replacing the tie rod to get the an alignment, well they overtorqued and damaged the threads on the stud's on the rear drivers side, I have 3 COMPELTELY useless studs. How much should this cost to fix? Who do I pick up the studs from? Is it possible to do it myself? Are their better stud's then stock and if so where do I pick them up. Ive been having so much trouble with this im really getting upset with my tiburon even though I love it to death 02.gif . Now my cars stuck in Queen's neither of my parents can drive it since its stick and its got a buncha broken studs.

Someone please give me some advice here
Old 03-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

look in the DIY section, specifically in the "listing" at the top of the diy forum.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:48 PM

take an old stud with you. EVERYTIME I get new one's they give me these ones that are too short and I can only get a few threads on it.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Well each stud is like $2 at autozone/O'reilys/any parts store. I think hyundai dealers sell them at $1.80. Do it yourself. You just need a special tool to let you push the piston back in on the caliper but the rotors on the back are non-captive. Actually you wont need it. Since you aren't putting new pads on the caliper will slide on and off easily as long as you dont push the piston... follow the DIY and you can switch all 3 studs in like 30 mins, including taking the tire off.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:50 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

you need to have the garage replace them dude. they broke them.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:55 PM

yea man if they break them they fix them. otherwise you just hammer the old ones out, and when you thread the new ones on and tighten them they set themselves in.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

how could they have damaged studs on the L/R if they replaced a tie rod? lol. the rears shouldn't have come off...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:55 PM

I replaced the tie rod myself, I braught it to the garage for a allignment, He says he checked the balancing on all wheels by putting them on a balancer, thus they removed all 4 wheels. Now a nut wont thread on their, I dont trust the garage to touch my car and I was just desperate to get it aligned because I had a 380 mile trip back to college. So now I had to leave my car in queens and go back to school, If I can make it down I will go back next weekend and replace the studs and get my car. I wont send it to the garage because their obviously incompetent. I dont want them touching my car again. For 6$ I will fix it myself and know its done right. I had a horrible misconception that they would need to be pressed, Thank god they dont.

Anyone have a suggestion of a good spot to pick these up online, ive been reading through the threads and everyone says the autozone ones and stuff dont fit. I have a week I might aswell pick them up online.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:53 PM

pick them up from the dealer. they are cheap.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Dealer should give you the right ones, just tell them the year and model (obviously tib lol) and if they ask maybe the vin. Can't see them needing the vin to get you studs. Anyways they'll give you the right size.