Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Gk To Rd Hub Conversion

Old 10-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Tiburon 2001

wasup guys. i've seen a couple of RD's and even accents with the New tiburon GK hub conversion. Since the evo's and sti's came out there a lot of good looking wheels in the 5x114 lug pattern for cheap.

my question is what parts from the Gk and what modifications have to be done to use the GK hubs in my 2001 tib????

thanks dudes
Old 10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

02.gif I hate this.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM

^^^^ what do you hate???
Old 10-30-2009, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

search, read, read some more, it isnt hard and both main methods are documented here

if you would like to send me some money I'll do the 30 seconds of work to find them :]

sorry, Im usually more helpful but it seems I cant find my spoon today
Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM

I just hate that we SEEM to have all the info, but its not exactly been completed by more than one person per method. So basically, nobody is doing it. I'm just gonna do the method Red posted, by swapping the front knuckles straight up. Then dropping the rear subframe and bolting up the GK one. Once I get a few bucks, I need new hubs and bearings BAD, so this might happen for me in the next month or so. I'll do a crazy kick ass video / photo / write up on it all.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:06 PM

QUOTE (likeyoumeanit @ Oct 30 2009, 01:28 PM)
search, read, read some more, it isnt hard and both main methods are documented here

if you would like to send me some money I'll do the 30 seconds of work to find them :]

sorry, Im usually more helpful but it seems I cant find my spoon today

thanks for the help.....

NOT!!!!

QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Oct 30 2009, 01:32 PM)
I just hate that we SEEM to have all the info, but its not exactly been completed by more than one person per method. So basically, nobody is doing it. I'm just gonna do the method Red posted, by swapping the front knuckles straight up. Then dropping the rear subframe and bolting up the GK one. Once I get a few bucks, I need new hubs and bearings BAD, so this might happen for me in the next month or so. I'll do a crazy kick ass video / photo / write up on it all.

wao!!!! its even worse than i thought...

can you post the links of the swap rightups.... thanks dude
Old 10-30-2009, 12:09 PM

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=31647
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Oct 30 2009, 03:09 PM)

you da man!!!! thank a lot
Old 10-30-2009, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Don't spoon feed the noobs, much at least.

Welcome to the forums, go read and FOLLOW the forum rules.

Blacktibs, don't forget, Red's method requires you to do some drilling and grinding, and even Red got it off centered. This is not anything negative towards Red, but if he did all of this and got it off center, anyone can.

While we were looking for someone else to post how to do it, because Red decided to change his links to try to blackmail me to apologize to him, Mad John posted how to do it 100% bolt on in the shoutbox. I then copied what he posted and put it in the same thread.

Did you see it? Now tht I've got some time, I'll try to get a hold of him and get a better description of how to do it.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:26 AM

I'll decide when I want to be helpful and when not to, regardless of how you want to do handle yourself. If you have a better method post it. I could care less for the forum seniority and requiring people with simple questions to spend an hour or more looking just so that God forbid somebody with some information post a link. Sure you and me know to look in the DIY section, but why would anyone new know? As if we have so many people on these boards to begin with.

Now concerning bolting up the rear subframe, I have more than enough faith in my skills as a tuner to do whatever i decide to the right way. Red or not, I'm not gonna wait around forever for some supposed Mad John, the inside info guy of RD hyundais, to post up some failsafe method if there are other ways to do things. if he did post up about it, and you have a way of posting and verifying what he said with your own effort and money, go for it. Otherwise only one guy here put his money where his mouth was, then posted pics an a DIY. I've been hearing about this MJ stuff for months now, knock Red all you want, but from where i sit, my take is either put up or shut up. I'd rather you put up smile.gif