Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Fixing My Rims ^_^

Old 04-17-2009, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

2 Have already been restored aside from fixing curb rash which I can not do with the tires on. I have polished it and was just wondering if I need to use some kind of sealer like spray some clear on it. I may end up just painting it black like suggested to be honest, that will solve everything lol.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i always use primer sealer. it holds up better than primer. spray 5-10 mins between each coat including gloss. you should be fine. as far as the rash, i really don't know what would fill in the bad spots. that's a good question.

far as the rims go, not classy enough for me, but to each their own. go with th 215's and it'll protect it much better.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (dddude55 @ Apr 18 2009, 12:18 AM)
2 Have already been restored aside from fixing curb rash which I can not do with the tires on. I have polished it and was just wondering if I need to use some kind of sealer like spray some clear on it. I may end up just painting it black like suggested to be honest, that will solve everything lol.

I just posted what you needed to use dude.

Polishing won't hold up forever.

the stuff I posted was a brush on clearcoat for aluminum.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 PM

^^ lol I thought you were just telling me how to polish what I already polished. thanks for the suggestion.

HKC I will use jb weld and let it sit over night, then sand it down nice and smooth and it will look like new
Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

don't jb-weld the polished sections. Just get out a dremmel with a wire wheel attachment and clean them out. it's shiny aluminum under there. You'd be suprised. Sand down the ridges and then clear coat.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

jb weld looks like the best thing. i'm sure if you have a nice sander or file then you can file it down but from my experience wore paper down and my hand got tired. so you can use those circular sander attachment things onto a drill. should work with that. it does stick if you clean the surface good and you know what you're doing.

it'll be fine with some time and effort. make sure you let it set fully, and prime/sealant coat it, with 8-10 mins for the sealant.

good luck!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:40 AM

Just wanted to add that I found out today that if you have captive rotors and your aftermarket wheels wont fit, you don't need to get spacers or swap to non-captive hubs.

If your rims came in the universal 4x100 & 4x114 like our rims usually do, then the captive bolts on the front fit right inside those 4 extra holes! That's right, the captive bolts are 4x100!

What does that mean? just dremel out the back side of those 4 extra holes a little larger and about 1/4 inch deep and they will fit right over those captive bolts