Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Ever had a bent rim fixed?

Old 12-09-2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Ever had a bent rim fixed?

Has anyone here ever had a bent rim fixed? A friend of mine is selling his set of rims but 2 of them are bent from hitting potholes. Im wondering if I take them someone to have them bent back to shape, if they will be like new or if bent rims are never the same (balanced, holding air, etc)

If anyone has had experience getting bent rims fixed, can you share your story and how did the rims hold up. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

depends on the bend.. if they are small bends, should be able to be fixed pretty cheaply/easily and not have much of an effect on the balance and holding air, nor should the rim be much 'weaker' but if they are big bends might be a different story. getting them bent back into shape might work, but depending on how it was done, could be a real weak point in the rim/metal.

i had some rims fixed on my old talon after i hopped a curb, had really bad bends. they never held air or felt the same after that though.

as cheap as new rims are these days, i would just pick up 2 new ones or a new set of 4..

what rims are they?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^+1 it also depends on the material. Cast aluminum will be much more difficult (if not impossible) to repair than stamped steel.