Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Equus Wheel Specs

Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Equus
Default Equus Wheel Specs

We just purchased an Equus a few weeks ago for my wife, and she wants to change the wheels to something with a little less chrome, but still stylish. The problem is I can't seem to find the EXACT specs of the wheels on the car. None of the regular tire/wheel websites have the Equus listed for any wheel options (only tires). We want to keep the wheels the same size in order to maintain the ride comfort, so 19s are a must. But I can't seem to find the exact specs on:

* Width (are front/rear different wheel widths?)

* Offset

* Bolt Pattern

* Weight (I don't want to put heavier wheels on the car)

Does anyone know where I can find this info? It's not in any of the Equus manuals, and I can't see any specs marked on the inside of the wheel (haven't taken one off to check either).

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You have three posts and all three of them are this question. The other two have been deleted.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:35 PM

Sorry about that. I knew my first post was similar, but I can't find it in these forums and thought I'd simply start a thread dedicated to the topic. As there haven't been any replies, I'm assuming there isn't any specific knowledge on the Equus and I'll have to look elsewhere for assistance.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You can always measure them yourself, you know. Or maybe try calling a *good* local wheel shop or even the dealership.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'll see if it's listed on HMA Service...

I would love to see pictures of the car. Care to post them in the Garage?

on page 7-41 of the owner's manual, it states the tires are 245/45/R19 with a wheel example of 8.0JX19 (8" width, 19" height, J = rim "contour" designation). It also says the front tires are a different size than the rear, but doesn't say if wheels are different.

See if the wheel itself has any markings on it (such as 8.0JX19). They would be the same color as the wheel and hard to see.

Edit #2: some websites are stating front are 19X8 and rear are 19x9, but I don't know what the offsets are.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by majik
I'll see if it's listed on HMA Service...

I would love to see pictures of the car. Care to post them in the Garage?

on page 7-41 of the owner's manual, it states the tires are 245/45/R19 with a wheel example of 8.0JX19 (8" width, 19" height, J = rim "contour" designation). It also says the front tires are a different size than the rear, but doesn't say if wheels are different.

See if the wheel itself has any markings on it (such as 8.0JX19). They would be the same color as the wheel and hard to see.

Edit #2: some websites are stating front are 19X8 and rear are 19x9, but I don't know what the offsets are.

Thanks! I really just need to take them off and do some measurements. Given the tires are 245/45 front, 275/40 rear, I'm inclined to think that the rears might be 19x9 as well, but need to verify. I do know that the bolt pattern is 5x114.3, but also haven't figured out offset (I think 35mm/45mm, but need to be more certain).

Thanks Again.

Pics to come.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

offset might not really matter. Go to a rim shop and get it measured for some 19x10 with +20 offset and see if there's enough clearance for the suspension. Try some on for size.

Take a video camera and post their faces when you say, "Yeah, I said it's a Hyundai"
Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by majik
offset might not really matter. Go to a rim shop and get it measured for some 19x10 with +20 offset and see if there's enough clearance for the suspension. Try some on for size.

Take a video camera and post their faces when you say, "Yeah, I said it's a Hyundai"

I have too much experience with incorrect offset to not be careful with it. I've had a GTO that would rub, and a BMW with wheels sticking out, giving it the Matchbox look.

Good idea about the video. My father lives in Thailand, and he even thought it was a Lexus when he saw a pic. And he's a car snob as well...
Old 05-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Just as a heads up also, 19" rim and tires are not as popular as 20" sizes. I know you said you want to stick with the stock size, but because its a rare size, you may actually spend less money doing a +1 upgrade to 20's. Something to keep in mind.