Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Eibach Sportline Springs

Old 08-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I'm gonna have to give my opinion here and try and talk you out of this idea that LOW is cool.

No Matter how good your favorite car looks, if it doesn't handle and ride smoothly/well...it won't be your favorite for very long (after driving it).

Trust all the people who said the H&R's and the Eibach springs are good for
performance. AND looks. Many of us (including me) have anywhere from 1.1" to 1.8" and the drop looks great. It also helps in tight cornering and Eibach's are known for their aggressive lowering stance while NOT sacrificing smooth driveability. I have 205/40R17 with H&R's (32mm) and absolutely no problems with rubbing. I could have gotten 215/40R17 but didn't.

Trust us, besides, if you ever want a body kit or sideskirts put on you will most likely have to get new springs (with less of a drop).
Old 08-04-2005, 05:39 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

^ i must agree too low is bad. because the suspetion compoints can't do there job due to the fact of the limited range of motion.

am i right brother, if not school me. hail.gif
Old 08-04-2005, 06:15 AM

Partially right Mad John... Basically, unless you are running a DeDion axle, when you lower a car too much, it brings the control arms out of their designed in specs. If for instance.. at stock ride height, the rear control arms are supposed to be flat and parrelle to the ground. If you lower the car, they are now pointed upwards some, this pulls on the struts and tries to bring them closer to the middle of the car. This is due to the arc of the control arm, as it rises or falls from a flat plane, it tends to arc away.

There is more to it, but I do not want to go into roll centres, centre of gravity, and even more radius theory.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:50 AM

You'd be better off with the ProKit (it's lowered just right, not too low and enough to make the car look and peform better), even if they do make the Sportsline for the RD, it's way too low
Old 08-04-2005, 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Zman @ Aug 3 2005, 05:13 PM)
Do they?
I thought they made the Sportline Springs for the GK only, not for the RD's.
Are you sure KayJay? I haven't seen them on any website yet, if you have one please post it (I am actually very happy with my H&R sport set, but I have been curious about this for a long time).

Yeah, they were on Speedstate.com for a while, but that site is down,... not sure why, probably outta business
Old 08-04-2005, 09:48 AM

I think I saw them there, but I was pretty sure it was a mistake, because the part code for the Sportline does not appear neither on the eibach US page, nor in the german site, so for Eibach is like they don't exist...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Speedstate closed.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry whenever I see a Tib with a 2"+ drop I just think to myself "WOW, that looks great!" I guess the 1.2" drop on the pro-kit should suffice.. especially with the tire/wheels. I bet even with the spring drop not only will my car handle a lot better, but it will look just as good. Thanks for the suggestions though.. I kind of had the n00bish notion in my mind that the lower the springs, the better the car will handle .
Old 08-07-2005, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

remember, you can overlower your car and make its handling worse.