Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Eibach Install Advice?

Old 08-28-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I need to get some feedback from the people who have delt with Eibach. Anything I should know before me and my mechanic friends install the eibach springs and dampers? camber adjustment is 1.75--details on alignment? What about rusted screws? I've never done anything like this.

Any driving coincidences I'm to learn about? Awareness of what to avoid?

Just wanted to add these springs look fantastic. Dampers look exactly like the Bilsteins. They're really great quality and think but strong welds. If I were to describe the quality, it would be the quality of that popular Murray Lawnmower I know you have in your shed. Man you can mow trees with that sh*t. hail.gif

Thank you.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

after putting them on, just get an alignment done to check the toe. dont worry about camber at the start. give it a month and if you see noticeably faster wear on the inside or outside of the tire then buy a camber kit.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:45 PM

wouldn't it be better to just align the car from the start right after the install? or is it better to let the springs settle in first?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:20 PM

let springs settle for about two weeks. then go get it aligned. they will tell you the camber at each corner. i had like -2.7 at one corner, but the tire doesnt wear unevenly so im not going to do anything about it.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:45 PM

sounds good to me T01, hey thanks dude. i hope these things can take a beating... if you've been anywhere near d.c. with your car you know what i mean. sad.gif

the alignment mechanics can make those adjustements? because eibach recommends +1.75 adjustment. so it can vary depending on the actual alignment without regard to eibachs specifications?

i wonder how i'm going to be with my first girl... Me: "umm like hold on i need to align everything". Girlfriend: "yeah make sure you compress it with utter care" Me: ...i think it's upside down".
Old 08-29-2006, 08:56 AM

mechanics cannot adjust camber without camber kits. toe they can, can is what they adjust most times you hear about someone going to get their car aligned.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 AM

your rear swaybar link pins might be rusted and bad (mine were) But you car drive with out them (What i did when I was on Leave.)
Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 AM

awesome, i will definitely buy an eibach alignment kit from autopartswarehouse.com is it true you have to buy one kit per corner? four kits? i don't know lol. T01 you always seem to help me so then i can pass on your wisdom.

eibach alignment kit

hopefully it isn't too bad down there. the mechanics working on my car have been with lexus for more than 12 years. hopefully that says something.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

No you would need two kits. One for the front and one for the rear. I did not get the camber kits though. I had an alignment done after installation and have not experienced any abnormal tire wear.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

after installing my ksport coilovers i had like -1.97 in the back and they told me that i would make a 200km trip and i wouldnt have tires, well i went to a specialty shop after and asked them, dude said his car has like 4 degrees out at one tire and he doesnt have any wear, so pretty much said if you dont have any extra wear, dont waste the money on it, i went with his opinon and i put on like 9k km since and tires are perfectltly fine