Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Eibach Ground Control coil overs

Old 10-15-2001, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam can get the real coilovers, but they are pricey. I think 1500.

I saw that. I wanted 'definitive' numbers. Thanks for trying to help.
Old 10-15-2001, 08:08 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

Plugboy, you shouldn't be purchasing full race coilovers for a lower stance, you should be purchasing them for handling. And you can't even begin to compare handling between race coilovers and bags rolleyes.gif.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

What I like about coilovers is that I can lower the stance without messing with the handling...It would improve the handling greatly...but Im not sure it I want handling or if I want show.....I just wanted to know it ground control made them or not
Old 10-15-2001, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

This might be a dumn question but has anyone ever messed witht he height adjustability of the coilover wether they are sleve or full. I might be misunderstanding this but to adjust them up or down you have to put your car on a lift and then turn them to the wanted postion and then have your car aligned or put on that laser machine that makes sure they are all at the same position.

If this is wrong please tell me different because this is the reason i'm not buying coilovers.

Do they click into place instead? What is the deal here?

Need some more info

Thanks a ton
Old 10-15-2001, 11:30 AM

They come with two little tools that look like hooks. Using these hooks you can reach in and twist the "nuts" that hold the spring perch so the strut. Depending on which way you twist, the perch will move up or down, therefore lowering or raising your ride height.

For basic street driving and show you can eyeball it or count the threads below or above the perch and get all four corners pretty even. But for race applications, they do what is called "corner weighting". For this you put a scale on each wheel and match the weights accordingly.
Old 10-15-2001, 12:22 PM

surely to god a coilover can be made where you don't just have to eyeball it to make sure all four corners are even.
Old 10-15-2001, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent

Maybe someone can shed a light on this so I can learn more, but what can a coil over kit completely do? I understand that I can change the ride height kind of on the spot, which would be good for me if it only takes a couple seconds to change the height, because due to my driveway I cannot lower my tib any more than the stock height, or I'd scrape the bottom front of the car.

I'd just have to jump out of the car crank her up in the street real quick, then I'm ready to go, but is it that easy?
Old 10-15-2001, 02:54 PM

After about 10 times of doing this you'll find it to be a HUGE pain in the ass! For the people who have lowered rides, can you picture sticking your arm in the wheel well and reaching the sleeve? It is quick but I don't know anyone who can adjust coil-overs in less than 15 minutes.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:13 AM

I am in the process of working with Arospeed to get coilovers made for the Elantra, which should also fit on the Tib. They should run about $250 for sleeve style and the complete set w/ shocks should be about $550+. Lemme know if anyone is interested.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:22 AM

The main advantage (to the average consumer) to coilovers is ride quality over any other lowering method.

With race coilovers, no matter how low you want your car the strut will always have the same amount of damping and bounding travel.

With coilovers such as Weapon R, Ground Control and Arospeed you can lower how the car sits, but for every inch you lower the car you lose an inch of travel in your strut.

If you've ever seen somebody in coilovers driving, they can pretty much blast over potholes and speedbumps with no problems and the ride will stay relatively smooth.

Needless to say, the tunability potential for race coilovers is immaculate. You can adjust the ride height usually by about 5" or so, along with changing the bound and rebound of the shocks by 20+ levels.