Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

EiBach Camber Kits Question

Old 08-05-2004, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Insomniac Thread

I am doing the EiBach spring and strut install this weekend. I have also picked up their camber kits (one for the front and one for the back). Does anyone know or have pics of how these bolts get installed? I know that they replace the top strut bolt but besides that I really am not sure.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:28 AM

Default Re: A few new engine shots after paint

No Clue
You shouldn't need them. I have had my Pro kit on for over a year and no weird tire wear. Along with 2 other guys I know in the city that have the same setup.
Of course after I got an alignment after the install.
Wait like 2-3 weeks for everything to settle to do the alignment smile.gif

But question for you.
How much?
WHere?
Got pix of the kit?

Thanks
smile.gif
Old 08-05-2004, 09:43 AM

Default SR Whiteface Guages

Well I've been told that I already need an alignment (havn't installed the stuff yet) so I figured I would get one this weekend after the I finish the install. Here is a pic of the camber kit. I took this off their site but it looks just like it.

As for price I paid $21 for each kit and you need two. I'm cant remember where I bought it from but Tire Rack has them for $25 a kit. I had been told that lowering would cause some negitive camber, thus since our cars dont have adjustments this kit would be needed bring the car back to factory specs. If no one uses them then I simply wont put them on. Any feed back from anyone else with the EiBach Pro Kit would be great!
Old 08-05-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Alternator?!

Don't get an alignment right away!
Wait a few weeks, let the spring and struts settle!

Don't want to be paying for 2 alignments.

And yeah, no problems here, I got a good alignment. Took it to a shop that does ALOT of aftermarket installs. Mainly HonDUHs! Which, with even the slightest drop will bow out like a new born calf.
But yeah, he did a great job! Very damn close to OEM specs.
smile.gif

And thanks for the info!
Now, I wonder if I can get a kit for MORE negative camber for Autox days tongue.gif
Old 08-05-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: A few new engine shots after paint

Well now I dont know what to do about the camber kits. I install or not to install........ I drive almost 150 miles a day thats why I wasn't going to wait on the alignment. But thanks for the advice!
Old 08-06-2004, 07:27 AM

Default Re: North East Meet Aug 21/22 ??

Wouldn't having a bit more negative camber be good for general cornering? I mean, besides the obvious tire wear issues, if you wanted a handling upgrade, wouldn't leaving out the camber correctors be good?
Old 08-06-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Finally got my hood....

I don't have the eibach kit, but I did lower my car about 1.75" and used OBX (or equivalent) camber bolts. Instead of that little nubbie sticking out of the side, mine were actual off-center lobes of a larger diameter... but anyway. The head of the bolt has a washer that has an arm type thing on the outside edge, this will rest against the strut bracket to keep it from spinning, and the arm on the inside will go into the hole on the strut bracket. The nut on the other end needs to be flipped over from what's in the pic above. Other than that, there's really no way to see what's "straight' and aligned, so just try to keep the nubbie facing the same direction on all 4 wheels until a professional with an alignment rack or pit can get to it.
On my car, I only needed 3 of the 4 bolts, and I let them install them. They charged an hour of labor (rip-off), but they gave me the alignment print out showing that even with only 3 camber bolts, my car was looking perfect.
I hope this helps a little... and good luck.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Question about TigerLily Jenvey4 Throttle Body?

Thanks that helps alot. After looking at the strut and the bolt I figured out how they went it. The only good thing is that if you change the way the washer type thing is facing it changes from positive correction, to negative correct, or to no correction. So I guess I'll put them in and if when they do the alignment they dont need them they can just set them that way. Hell I already paid for them so may as well use em right?