Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Deep Cryogenic Tempering for rotors

Old 01-12-2003, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Elantra
Default Deep Cryogenic Tempering for rotors

I have just about given up on finding rotors that are manufactured with slots only for the 01-03 Elantra. I am going to put some effort into finding a company to do the cryogenic treatment on the stock rotors. I am also going to make sure Hawk is the best choice for pads with rotors that are put through this treatment. And last I am going to look at the feasability for brake cooling ducts. The reason I am going to this effort is because I want to take the car on a road course but don't want the brakes to fail after two laps.

So far it looks like the process only costs about $25 a rotor and has an excellent record of preventing rotor warpage.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:31 PM

ive put my tib through 6 back 2 back 2 minute autoX runs with full lockups from 80-30 on a strate away and i have yet 2 warp a rotor... why are u warping them so easily... now pad wear is another issue but no rotor warpage here
Old 01-12-2003, 08:52 PM

Autocross is not the problem my rotors are fine now also from doing that. Try taking you car to 100 and braking as hard as you can to 50mph a few times and see what happens. I want the brakes to be able to handle the conditions a road course will put them under since I may try to go out on a couple this summer. The last thing I want is brake failure at the end of a 100mph straight.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

I believe DBA (Disk Brakes Australia) sell slotted rotors in stock sizes for many hyundai's...

No opinion on pads, but you should really look at getting a set of pads just for track use. That way you can run a more heat-resistent pad as compared to a street car setup. I suggest ATE Super Blue (or Type 200) brake fluid, its got a wet boiling point of 400 degrees, and a dry point well over 500. Not sure the actual specs off the top of my head.

As for the cooling ducts, it should be a relatively straight shot from the front bumper to the wheel well once you cut a hole in the fender lining. Just aim the ducting that the center of the caliper.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:54 AM

Everyone claims they carry DBA but nobody can actually get them.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:06 AM

call up team rip engineering or find em online. they cryo-freeze tranny's and gears for DSM's