Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Clicky Brakes...

Old 11-08-2005, 09:20 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've got a problem with my brakes and it's driving me fuggin' nuts. I back up, pull the e-brake, and a single click noise occours. I go foreward, pull the e-brake and a single click noise occours. it's the same with the normal brakes. It only happens on the back brakes. My brakes are squeeling on and off especially when they're cold. I have new brake pads and turned rotors. I have no idea what could be causing this. It's driving me fuggin nuts.

*Mad Mod Edit*

Man.. it's BRAKES, not BREAKS, If your car breaks when you try and slow down, you are in a world of trouble
Old 11-08-2005, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would check your guide rods. Living up north where you do, I am sure salt and stuff have gotten up into them with the winters... pull the calipers, pull the slide bolts, grease the slide bolts up with some good high tempeture grease made for brake mechanisms, and bolt it all back together.
Might also want to check your handbrake cables.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:00 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I tensioned my hand brake and checked the seating of the rear brakes at lunch after writing this post. It seems to be a less noisy click now. I'll try the guide rods. maybe that will solve my whole problem. thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Sounds like the brake pads have too much space between the pad and the caliper bracket causeing them to rock in the bracket. This is the most likely cause if (either going in drive or reverse) you stop and hear the click, go then stop again and their is no click. The only fix for this is another set of pads. Preferably D3EA certified pads or OEM. If they still click at each stop, forward or reverse, then your looking at loose bolts for the caliper and/or the caliper mounting bracket.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:51 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

maybe shims?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:58 PM

You know.. here is a thought.. how often do you use your handbrake? While front brakes are self adjusting, the rears require periodic handbrake usuage to keep them in adjustment.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I'd second the guide rods, check the rear left caliper, I've had it happen on both of my tibs so far, same wheel..it's weird.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 PM

same wheel as on my Car, Zoned.. how odd is that?