Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Center Bars, Door Bars, C Pillar Bars? Roof Bars?!?!?

Old 06-28-2004, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay guys, Raymond is still trying to find us a center or Floor Bar for the Tibs. Right now, I think this is the best contender...

http://arospeed.com/default.php?cPath=23_58

I just emailed them to try to get some measurments from them so I can make sure that it fits the RD's, I also asked about a Group Buy on them if they do fit. Gotta admit, those things do look sexy.

Next on, when I was looking at Arospeed's site, I saw these...

http://arospeed.com/default.php?cPath=23_57

Now I don't know how practical they are, nor did I ask about them in the email, but wow. If those fit us, I'd prolly get them, they look tizight! wink.gif

Moving along, I found these...

http://arospeed.com/default.php?cPath=23_62

Yes, they are WAY to expensive, but I thought it was a GREAT idea. Wonder if someone could get these made for us. The pic doesn't show what they do, but read the discription...

The Arospeed C-pillar tower bar is designed for usage specifically on hatchbacks. This bar is designed to help strengthen the upper rear portion of the hatch. This bar bolts between the two upper bolts found on the hatch.

Lastly, was this...

http://arospeed.com/product_info.php?cPath...roducts_id=1389

Another good idea, not very expensive either, but I wonder if it'd fit. Maybe we could look into those too...
Old 06-28-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Turbocharger options

of course for REDZ everything will be painted metal cast blue......;-)

BIG thums up for three of them.....i don't think the b pillar brace would work....mainly based on how our doors fit, and the inward curves of them.

the roof bar would be awesome....BUT for it to really do what it is supposed to do....ALL (or most of the adjustablity) needs to be removed.....by looking at the pic above, I just don't see how that could add more stiffness....probably adding more weight than chassis stiffness......just looks too flimsy, to me

on to the hatch bars.....the reason they are so expensive is that they are mode from titanuim.....lets get them made outta aluminum....or CARBON FIBER (either full or wrapped)

I'd buy the roof bar (if the above mentioned conditions are met), you know i want the center bar....(I'll still take yours from kspec, if you are willing to part w/ it, REDZ) and i'd prob. get the hatch bar too......although i dont really see how stiffening the hatch is going to have that much of an effect on performance.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:26 PM

Well, I'd like that kind of Floor Bar as my sons feet get stuck with the current one. I'd prolly get the blue and put some grip tape on the foot parts.

I like the B Pillars, but you are right, they prolly wouldn't work.

The roof bars I think would work well, especially if they aren't really low.

the Hatch bar I think would be REALLY good, if we can get them made. Who's got connections with a C&C machine?

Stiffening any part of the chassis or body is an improvement, it keeps you from rolling.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:43 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Stiffening any part of the chassis or body is an improvement, it keeps you from rolling.

but thats just my point REDZ, is that really a part of the chassis? ?

all i could see it stiffening is the hatch itself, not the chassis.
now maybe something along the lines of a RAISED strut tower bar......
something to go above the seats and attach to the pillars there.....understand what i'm getting at? ?

something in between a rear strut tower bar, a center bar, a hatch bar, AND a roof bar.

What i'd really like to see is something that does the job of both the hatch bar and the roof bar....but doesn't interfere w/ vision.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:49 PM

damn, I really like those door bars. thanks Redz.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:51 PM

No, it's not part of the chassis, but like I said, it's part of the body, which is VERY important to keep stiff too. Imagine a cargo flatbed truck with floppy sides.

See?

Not to mention, aren't Tiburons Unibody's? Where the body is integrated with the frame?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:19 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Not to mention, aren't Tiburons Unibody's? Where the body is integrated with the frame?

almost cars today are unibodys, ronly really trucks and a few other cars actaully have a seperate frame that the body sits on.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:55 PM

^^yes, hence why we dont have rear fenders......

but, i still dont see how something thats hinged and only attaches in 3 places (the two hinges, and the lock) could really effect performance. Not trying to argue w/ you REDZ, just need a more specific description other than "Stiffening any part of the chassis or body is an improvement, it keeps you from rolling."

I fully understand that stiffening the chassis decreases body roll signifigantly. but you also have stiffening the body in there, w/ uni-bodys the chassis and the body are as close to being one piece as is possible......think about it this way REDZ :

lets say the front to rear axis of any given car is called veritcal.
and side to side horizontal.

how is adding horizontal stiffness going to effect a part that ONLY attaches along the vertical axis???

and lets leave the semi's out of it REDZ, you cant compare a peice of tubular aluminum w/ an ENGINEERED peice of structural steel.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

At that point, wouldn't it be more benificial to just go with a roll cage?
Old 06-28-2004, 05:44 PM

a cage or a rollbar would be my first choice...