Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Car Rolls When Turning Right!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

Someone suggested that I may have weak springs. I have the apex (not apexi) lowering springs on the tib with kyb gr-2's all the way around. Took a quick peek at it while up on the lift and everything seems to be fine. Except for the passenger ball joint may need replaced. I can move the passenger wheel a wee bit back and forth. The guy at NTB while back said that the ball joint wallowed out its hole in the control arm and that I need to replace all of that. Would any of that effect my right turns, even tho all the weight is put on the left side of the car?

*This problem only started to occur here recently, never noticed it before*
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If your ball joint is wallowing out its hole in the control arm, eventually it will tear its way free. While you are driving around a corner, probably at high speed when the stresses are greatest . . . not good. Junkyard run time. You'll be waist-deep in suspension parts and if anything else is messed up, you will hopefully notice it when you are replacing the failed parts.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:51 PM

Maybe the car has always done this and I jus have never noticed it. lol. But I noticed when I have one or more ppl in the car, the problem ceases to exist. hmm, thoughts?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:08 PM

Well I finally figured out the problem and thought I should update. Well I was under the tibby today jus trying to figure out what the hell it could be and I noticed that the bolt where the driver side hub meets up with the ball joint was loose. Like it had bout 7 threads before it even started to torque the two together. So Im guessing that when I was turning right the hub was moving around on the ball joint, like sliding around causing the car to roll. It was actually more of a sag really. But Im jus glad I got it figured out.