Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Camber Bolts

Old 12-08-2003, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib

For camber correction for simple tire wear issues, camber bolts should work just fine. They arn't expensive (around $17 each) and readily available from numerous sources. OBX, Eibach, and Sprint all make 12mm camber bolts that will fit our cars.

Do I want camber plates? Yes and no. Yes, they are a good solution and No, they cost $300-$400. Yes, I know "you get what you pay for" but I like to explore alternatives before just plunking down that kind of money. If you know of camber plates available for the RD that are less expensive, I'm open to suggestions.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:33 PM

Ok,..
So lemme get this straight

Blue, putting more negative camber like this / would help you corner better right
And having the tires like this | | (as verticle as possible) would have less tire wear.

With the camber bolts, are you attempting to put MORE negative camber on?
OR trying to straighten the wheels?
Old 12-08-2003, 08:33 PM

QUOTE (KayJai)
Ok,..
So lemme get this straight

Blue, putting more negative camber like this / would help you corner better right

Yes.

And having the tires like this | | (as verticle as possible) would have less tire wear.

yes.

With the camber bolts, are you attempting to put MORE negative camber on?
OR trying to straighten the wheels?

Either, depending on your needs or wants.

When you lower our cars they gain some negative camber. If this causes unwanted tire wear then you would install the bolts to correct the camber back to zero.

I desire improved handling. I installed the camber bolts on the stock suspension to get negative camber on the front wheels.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:18 AM

back to the original topic, KMAC camber kits.

I got a response back from the sales guy. He emailed me the installation instructions, which contain a better picture of the product. Also, supposedly they are going to update the website with a more detailed picture.

After seeing the instructions and a better picture, I would say it would work as advertised. My intuition tells me this is a better product than camber bolts, but without testing, I have no factual basis to asert that, so it's just a "best guess".

Is it worth the money? ($245 shipped to the U.S. for a full set) You decide.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:16 AM

Has anyone tried the alignment kit from Eibach yet? If so, how did it turn out? My car is very low. Not sure how much the previous owner lowered it, but I just bought 16" rims and 205/45WR16 Goodyear Eagle F1's and the Eibach alignment kit. I'm hoping the alignment kit fixes my camber problem. The old front tires were worn bad on the inside of the tire.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:55 AM

QUOTE (blue2000)
The Eibach bolts worked fine on the street and I would recommend them for someone that needs camber correction from lowering.

:x Do you know how to read? :x Sheesh!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: civic

im selling camber bolts which do just as good of job for 50 dollars shipped. tiburons dont camber bad, the suspension is already tight and they come pretty low stock unlike honda covics which arent meant to corner and handle like us. ;]
if u take off your tire and look at your strut you will understand what the bolts do. you put one on the top bolt of each strut bolt. and allow the strut to be a lil more leanient and gets rid of camber. now u do the opposite and that relieves caster.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:38 PM

Thanks John, I'll check into that