Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Camber Bolts

Old 12-03-2003, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (tibby01)
we should get a mob to go to his house

i was just joking, cause you posted 3 times in a row and sounded like you were getting aggrevated. 8)
Old 12-07-2003, 06:21 AM

Is you car lowered? I have the Eibach Pro Kit on my car with the KYB GR-2 struts and didn't have to use a camber kit. You generally only have to use them if you car is dropped more than 1.8". (varies obviously but not that much)
Old 12-07-2003, 08:18 AM

Vehicle: 2K Tib

Heard back from the sales rep dude (his name is kevin). In response to my question for "more information than is on your website"...he quoted me a part #, price, the generic description of the product. (All of which are on thier web site) And shipping to the U.S. ($27). Oh and the reason I didn't get a response to any of my other emails is that he was in the U.S.A. for the last month.

I gotta wonder about a company that has only 1 guy to answer product info/sales requests.
I also have question about the veracity of Kevin's intellect.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:13 AM

Default Re: 5 hours

QUOTE (blue2000)
Heard back from the sales rep dude (his name is kevin). In response to my question for "more information than is on your website"...he quoted me a part #, price, the generic description of the product. (All of which are on thier web site) And shipping to the U.S. ($27). Oh and the reason I didn't get a response to any of my other emails is that he was in the U.S.A. for the last month.

I gotta wonder about a company that has only 1 guy to answer product info/sales requests.
I also have question about the veracity of Kevin's intellect.

LOL, yeah really.

p.s. If you answer my question I might be able to help you out more.
The kit should only be 17 for the front and 17 for the rear approx. for OBX.
Here is an example http://streetstyler.com/CamberKits.htm
Eibach has one too
Hyundai Tiburon EIBA 5.83450K (tiburon) (9/96-01) 4 Cyl, Incl. FX (Front +/- 1.0, Rear +/- 1.0) 29.95 on sale at http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/default.as...categorycd=CAMP
Old 12-07-2003, 09:15 AM

Here is what Eibach has to say "After the installation of either an Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportline spring set, a vehicle's alignment should always be checked. Once lowered, a wheel's camber may become "increasingly negative", meaning the top of the tire is angled inward (toward the center of the vehicle). While some "negative" camber aids in improving traction and road adhesion, too much can result in peculiar handling and accelerated tire wear.

Eibach offers a complete range of alignment kits which offer a simple, affordable solution to adjust "negative camber". These alignment kits not only assist in adjusting a vehicle's camber back to factory specifications but they also allow the experienced chassis tuner to utilize the increased adjustment range to "dial-in" a performance alignment that uses negative camber to maximize a chassis' potential. Turn-in becomes more precise and handling increasingly crisp and predictable. High-speed stability is also enhanced making an alignment kit from Eibach almost a necessity for the serious performance tuner."
Old 12-07-2003, 09:59 AM

Well After my prokit springs, struts and sway bars were installed, I got my car aligned, like 3 weeks later after I let it settled.
The guy that did my alignment at the shop was the "expert" for aligning lowered cars.
I've had no problems with the handling, and can't really complain, cuz I have nothing to compare it to.

But what will these camber bolts do for me?
Old 12-07-2003, 01:18 PM

You only need to use them if your car is out of camber.
If your tires are towing in like / or out / then you will benefit from them. Like I said I didn't have to use them. I don't know anyone that has had to use them yet on a Tiburon even with coilovers.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib

You probably don't need them for "normal" alignment KaiJai. The added camber from lowering will improve your handling.

The reason I'm looking into these K-Mac things is because I need a camber adjustment that will stand up to autocross use. I'm just posting in this thread so everyone can see what I'm doing and how the company is responding. At this point I wouldn't buy the product...well, maybe if they had a U.S. distributor.

Btw, I tried the camber bolts last season and they wouldn't hold there setting during autocross.

The Eibach bolts worked fine on the street and I would recommend them for someone that needs camber correction from lowering.

The OBX product are eccentric cam bolts just like the Eibach product. Again, probably fine for street use but not autocross or road race.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:50 AM

Oh, are you looking for camber plates then?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

i was looking into getting some of these for my rims/tyres,

my tyres always seem to wear faster on the inside of the tire and im sick of buying new tyres. i can't believe none of you have a slight problem,
one day i'll get a full coilover set with camber correction plates but untill then i sort of need a bandaid, (no maby a air ride sys) lol.gif