Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Camber Adjustment Bolts?

Old 09-19-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I just replaced the rack and pinion on my car and took it in for an alignment, and now the place is telling me they need camber adjustments all the way around, and HP.com only has fronts, and the dealership is stupid and can't figure out what i'm looking for. anybody know where i can get some, i'd like to get them soon before i completely kill my brand new tires.

*Mad Mod edit* merged for you!

ok, nm about where to get them, i found them. however, can someone post how to change them out, cuz the shop i went to wants $400 to do it...personally i think they're trying to cheat me, but i'll replace this then they can't say anything. so any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:52 PM

personally, I find it odd that you need camber bolts all the way around. Have you lowered the car or ever had an accident with it? Even with the rough life my car has had (113,000 miles and going strong) it only needs camber bolts on the side I racked up on a kerb.

Perhaps you need new bushings instead?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:23 PM

yeah, i'm not sure what's up. i know i nailed a curb way back when, but they didn't seem to have a problem aligning it when i had the broken rack on there >_>. so i'll just do this, and if this doesn't work, i'm gonna run away from that shop and fork out the money to have the dealer do it. but still, i've already ordered them, anyone know how to install them?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

look at the strut where it mounts to the spindle. there are two bolts holding it on. the eccenrics can go in place of the upper or lower bolt, doesnt matter which one.