Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Camber Adjustment 01 Tib

Old 01-14-2006, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the front end of my 01 tiburon aligned the other day at Belle Tire. When they got done they said my alignment was better, but because they couldn't adjust the camber bolt(?) that it might still pull(they did rotate my tires for free to compensate). The car rides way better now, but still pulls a little. Some people might not notice it, but I do especially during braking and accelerating. Anything I can do about this?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Buy a camber kit?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:37 PM

get your lower ball joints inspected.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:43 AM

I thought about buying a kit, but I can't understand how they can make a car with adjustable parts that you have to buy a kit to adjust. How do I inspect a lower ball joint, can I just look at it?
Old 01-15-2006, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Do you have aftermarket suspension, tires, or wheels?
Old 01-15-2006, 05:06 PM

for the ball joint you should just be able to jack the front end up and then get a long metal bar and slide it under the tire.... then lift up a little bit. If you hear creaking or a popping noise you have major problems other than that I don't know
Old 01-15-2006, 05:21 PM

Go to a shop that specializes in frame and front end repair. They don't use an alignment machine preprogrammed for your car like all the chains do. That's the only recourse for me as I have aftermarket springs. My tires had a sawtooth feel on the tread, they were wearing because of bad camber adjustment.

Rotating your tires free doesn't make up for a useless alignment, correct camber is essential.

I don't think we need a camber kit for tibs, because unlike many FWD vehicles our camber is already adjustable. It might give added adjustment for people that want a specific camber for rally or track purposes.

If you've never had it done, or are running aftermarket springs, struts or wheels, I recommend a full 4 wheel alignment. It's worth the extra cost, as the rears are tred up first, then the fronts. That's what I had done, and learned a god bit. Most places that advertize "all-wheel" alignments don't actually adjust the rears at all, only the fronts.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:53 AM

No the whole wheel setup is stock. How would I go about finding specialized shops, I look in the yellow pages but all I can find are general repair shops.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Most places that advertize "all-wheel" alignments don't actually adjust the rears at all, only the fronts.

I agree with that....I had changed my struts last year and after got a alignment done.....It most likely was a front end alignment because my rear tires a worn pretty badly on the outside tread. The fronts on the other hand are perfect. So I bought a camber kit and wil have it done again in the spring for the rear.